What is the difference between the Garou rom sets?

Gryph

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole garou.zip set (set 1, I believe) is the official one, but it's encrypted.

Set 2 is......some weird stuff. (motw-p1.bin, p2.bin and sma.bin) :huh:

The prototype is quite self-explanatory, if you've played it.

Edited by Agozer

• 3 weeks later...

Does set 1 works on the NeoRageX? I already tried re naming all of the rom sets and even exchanging the p1/p2/sma files for the ones on the second set but I still don't get both Neorage 0.8 and EGCG to recognize the roms as part of the list.

I noticed that NRX EGCG has two versions for Garou on the main list; Garou MOTW PT(prototype) and Garou MOTW. I'm guessing MOTW is the original without hacks, but I can't get them to recognize those sets.

Does set 1 works on the NeoRageX?  I already tried re naming all of the rom sets and even exchanging the p1/p2/sma files for the ones on the second set but I still don't get both Neorage 0.8 and EGCG to recognize the roms as part of the list. 

I noticed that NRX EGCG has two versions for Garou on the main list; Garou MOTW PT(prototype) and Garou MOTW.  I'm guessing MOTW is the original without hacks, but I can't get them to recognize those sets.

Set 1 doesn't work in NRX because it's encrypted. I don't understand why it's in the NRX gamelist though.