What SF characters do you use?

cosmic_lord

I forgot about ryo even though he's a sf player but he's sort of like one in cvs and i think a cheap fighter is sagat because of his fire ball which he can throw high and low and if you jump in high of low he can catch you with a quick knee or powerful uppercut.

Sagat's not cheap... you just have to use the fact that he's a malungian against him.

At mid range, you can beat Sagat. At close range, you can beat him but he still has an advantage because of his malungian-ness... (long lanky legs and such.) He's slow because of that, and you can use it against him. Anyway, obviously long range is a bad idea because of his tiger shots.

Anyway, Sagat is not at all cheap. He's a true veteran's character like Ryu and Ken. Very difficult to master. But he's not hard to beat, you just have to go about it right. Although if he's in the hands of a true master, you're owned. Period :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not offended by that, but you can't call the Shotokan Karate fighters scrubs. Scrubs are people that like Marvel vs. Capcom 2 more than any game in the world :)

Ugh, I hate marvel vs capcom 2 even more.

I have actually built my tactics around shotokan chars. Ive seen way too many people wwho try to hadoken/shoryuken all the time. which is why in alpha 3 i learned karin (counters) and third strike i learned to parry.

Ugh, I hate marvel vs capcom 2 even more.

I have actually built my tactics around shotokan chars. Ive seen way too many people wwho try to hadoken/shoryuken all the time. which is why in alpha 3 i learned karin (counters) and third strike i learned to parry.

Well, everyone's predictable to an extent.

Sure, you always expect Ryu to be a fireballer and Ken to be a Dragon puncher. They both still own all pretty much. That's why in so many games you see the repeated fireball and uppercut patterns, like the original Kyo or Iori, or Ryo or Takuma, or to a lesser extent Terry or Rock.

Karin, Sakura

Before that, i mainly played chin li and then cammy.

Cant stand the shotoscrubs. (sorry if that offends anyone)

Not offended, but a correction. Ryu, Ken, Sean, Gouki, Sakura, Gen all use Ansatsuken. Shotokan is a mistake in translation.

Ryu, Ken, Sean, Sakura = All modified not to kill. Kempo, Kyokugen, Tae Kwon Do mixed together.

Akuma = Designed it to be the ulitiment art. Add Chinese Kempo.

Gen = Designed to kill. Add acient fighting styles.

Karin, Sakura

Before that, i mainly played chin li and then cammy.

Cant stand the shotoscrubs. (sorry if that offends anyone)

Not offended, but a correction. Ryu, Ken, Sean, Gouki, Sakura, Gen all use Ansatsuken. Shotokan is a mistake in translation.

Ryu, Ken, Sean, Sakura = All modified not to kill. Kempo, Kyokugen, Tae Kwon Do mixed together.

Akuma = Designed it to be the ulitiment art. Add Chinese Kempo.

Gen = Designed to kill. Add acient fighting styles.

Well noted. I knew there were some things in translation that were lost, but when i say shotos, i mainly refer to ryu/ken/akuma

But thanks for clearing that up for me.