What SF characters do you use?

cosmic_lord

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Street Fighter Alpha games, I usually use Ken...but I also like using Sagat and Vega.

For Street Fighter 3 games, I use Ken again, but I also love using Hugo, because of his ultra powerful (and cool looking) moves, the way you can build up his defence by taunting, and because he looks so...scary! It's cool. He reminds me abit of Leather Face from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Edited by Basara

I have tried to use Dan before but I cannot stand his weakass moves :)

I have to agree with cosmic_lord that Ken has one of the best combo ability out of all of the SF characters.

If I feel like mixing it up abit I either use Ryu or Guile.

sst2x04.jpg

;):lol::lol:

Edited by ForceX

Vega: because he is my favorite character and i am damn good with him.

Guy: second favorite and i am also damn good with him.

Fei long: fun to use but i am not as good with him as i am with the other chars.

yea i know this is off topic but when CvS first came out for the dreamcast my friends would complane that when i use Vega it is unfair because he is the cheapest character in the game. they said his special and super moves were hard to counter and they can't block them. they also said some other stuff but i don't want to bore you guys to death so i just want to know if you agree with my friends and say Vega is cheap in that game?

depends who i am gonna play:

beginners - sagat/ken

normal players - sagat/ryu

experts - ryu/ken

when i use ryu i can keep up with almost any gamer, because hes well rounded. i use sagat if i know i can dominate or somewhat control the tempo of the match. anyone who plays smart and fast will own me while i use sagat. i use ken to get on the offensive from the get go. if that dosent work out, hes fairly strong fast enough to keep up with better players.

i never use akuma cause i always thought hes a huge cheeeeese.

i use guy if i feeling bold. :D

yea i know this is off topic but when CvS first came out for the dreamcast my friends would complane that when i use Vega it is unfair because he is the cheapest character in the game. they said his special and super moves were hard to counter and they can't block them. they also said some other stuff but i don't want to bore you guys to death so i just want to know if you agree with my friends and say Vega is cheap in that game?

Hey man, don't worry if people say your cheap with certain characters. flock 'em. They're just complaining because they lost.

Vega: because he is my favorite character and i am damn good with him.

Guy: second favorite and i am also damn good with him.

Fei long: fun to use but i am not as good with him as i am with the other chars.

Either your friends suck at CvS or your just too good......Vega's moves are difficult to counter but its not impossible.

Well... Dan's moves actually aren't weakass. If you actually hit someone with Dan's fireball (which is easy to do in a combo) it does between 1.5 and 2 times as much damage as Ryu's. Ow. I never really compared his other moves... but I do win most of my matches with Dan. He's not a weakass like everyone thinks, but it's still shameful to lose for him because of the way he conducts himself... i.e. crying a lot.

I never played CvS... but on most games, Vega isn't cheap... he normally sucks. he was good on EX2 Plus though. I don't know who said Vega's moves are hard to counter... your friends must royally blow.

But you don't need to take that "they're just mad because they lost" attitude. Rarely in a game are any characters cheap... really the only instance I can think of was Epyon in Gundam Wing: Endless Duel... because button mashers could do any of his combos at random, and also his super move would completely refill his power meter even if the opponent blocked it, and it was fast and could be done in midair, and was homing. Really Wolverine would make a case for it in the Marvel Games, but those games are made for button mashers anyway so they don't count :blink:.

Cheap players are abundant though. I consider button mashers cheap, even though they suck. Really one thing that I do consider cheap as all hell is doing the same thing over and over. I mean, at least when someone does a fireball barrage with Sagat, they alternate between low and high... I'm talking about someone who does the exact same move over and over and over and over... and it's usually a good move that has high priority and such.

Really the only kind of cheapness that ever nearly got the best of me was this Akuma player. No, I don't think Akuma's cheap. I think he's fun to use... and he's fair because his defense is jack crap and he's slow compared to Ryu, much less Ken. Anyway, I was Zangief, and the guy just kept teleporting away from me over and over until the time ran down, after getting a health advantage early on. I finally just started doing clotheslines to built up super, because unless i moved toward him he wouldn't do anything... and did a short hop forward, then a big jump backward and snagged him with the level 3 Final Atomic Buster. Muahahaha... Zangief rules lol.

I forgot about ryo even though he's a sf player but he's sort of like one in cvs and i think a cheap fighter is sagat because of his fire ball which he can throw high and low and if you jump in high of low he can catch you with a quick knee or powerful uppercut.