XP help

Masenka

i'm sick of this, i've been playing mugen since it first came out and i know the ins and outs of it, i recently got two xp machines and mugen won't run on my personal desktop, i changed all of the settings, and i tried every technique online, even the linux technique, but basically i want mugen to run on XP for me, i have good spec machine and i recently brough a GeFOrce FX 5200 graphics card just for MUgen but it still won't run, i was the guy who originally has an Intel Integrated Card, rememba? and i'm sick of not getting mugen to run, no matter how many different versions or techniques i try, mugen won't run for me, anyone have any other techniques noone else tried? thanx for listening

here make your video configuration like this in mugen.cfg

[Video]

;Enter the width and height of the resolution you want to set here.

;The optimal resolution is 320x240, but if your video card has problems

;You may want to try 640x480.

Width =640

Height =480

;This is the color depth at which to run MUGEN. You should set it to

;16 bit color unless your video card has problems with it.

;16-fastest, 24,32-slower, 8-slowest/worst

Depth =16

;Set this parameter to 0 to disable screen stretching, and set it to 1 if

;you want to scale it up to fit the current resolution.

Stretch =0

;Set this parameter to use a resolution-doubling filter. You will

;need a fast machine to use these filters. You will need to increase

;the screen resolution to at least 640x480 for these modes.

;0 - off

;1 - diagonal edge detection

;2 - bilinear filtering

;3 - horizontal scanlines

DoubleRes =0

;Choose from "1" for VESA1, "Linear" or "Banked" for VESA2, and "3" for

;VESA3.

;Note: VESA1 is very slow on certain video cards, especially the newer

;ones. "Linear" or "3" is usually the fastest for new cards.

;Default is "Linear".

Vesamode =1

;Set to 1 to enable vertical retrace synchronization.

VRetrace =0

I forogt where to add sound support

Masenka, I feel your pain since I have also tried every freaking way to run Mugen on XP, but it just wont work. Win-Mugen is a piece of Crap, and I would like to try and use the real one for once. :blink:

Weird thing is that my bro just got a computer off a friend of his, and I just decided to try Mugen on his computer and it freaking worked! :angry: His computer is running on XP too, so im like wtf!!

Someone really needs to try and do a Mugen made for WINDOWS!! :angry:

the screen just goes black and returns to the desktop

Did you try the Mugen XP patch and stuff when now that you have your nVidia GeForce FX 5200 card? I have the exact same graphics card and Mugen works for me. It's not about the operating system, it's simply graphics card. Compatible or Not Compatible. :D

Masenka, I feel your pain since I have also tried every freaking way to run Mugen on XP, but it just wont work. Win-Mugen is a piece of Crap, and I would like to try and use the real one for once. :D

Weird thing is that my bro just got a computer off a friend of his, and I just decided to try Mugen on his computer and it freaking worked! :)  His computer is running on XP too, so im like wtf!!

Someone really needs to try and do a Mugen made for WINDOWS!! :(

Ask him what his graphics card is and tell me yours. I am still looking for a fix and I think I have one for this problem soon..how soon..soon.

This link. I have posted to someone probably had the same problem with you. Try each one until you manage to let MUGEN run well on Windows XP. Good luck! :huh:

Very strange indeed, as I could play MUGEN on Windows XP and using GeForce FX 5200. (Same as Gamecop's) So, I am still wondering of what is the 'main' problem of this?

here are my computer's specs:

Windows XP

Pentium 4 Processor

2.66ghz

512MB RAM

Nvidia GeForce 4 MX440

Mugen just goes black when I click on it. :)

Here's my bro's computer's specs:

Windows XP

Intel Processor (forgot which one)

1.76ghz

256MB RAM

Nvidia RIVA TNT2 Model64/ Model64 Pro

Mugen works like a charm on his computer.

Edited by briz

I was wondering if this problem can get fixed. I told a friend of mine about Mugen, and he installed in his computer (which is also Windows XP), and he says that its working just fine.

Im really confused as to what the actual problem is. If it works on other people's computers, why isnt it working on mine? :D