Streetfighter 3 Third Strike

Not necessarily, it depends on the way it would be programmed (ie the no sound support would speed things up a little. Also if it only supports sfIII than it would be much less code - so faster to process).

Not that I believe that it is true though, this friend of yours is probably lying Frost. But, I'd love to see you prove me wrong!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this onthe Guru's page:

Street Fighter III New Generation (Capcom, 1997) Capcom CPS3 board. The system comprises a main board, SCSI CDROM drive with CD and a security cart. It worked on arrival, but died soon afterwards. The culprit is almost certainly a dead security cart which contains a battery that backs-up some data in a custom Capcom chip. These carts are apparently very static sensitive and the data can be zapped easily just by touching the cart edge connector or touching the pins of the connector under the PCB where the cart is plugged in (argghh, now they tell me!). The main CPU is a Hitachi SH-2 but the program is very heavily encrypted and the decryption info is held by that battery in the plug-in security cart which got zapped! It's really doubtful you will ever see CPS3 emulation. The boards are just too flaky for experiments and the games really suck (it's just another damn Street Fighter game), so there's ZERO chance of any emulation developer looking at it unless the encryption is broken manually.

What the status means is that its been dumped, it isn't emulated and not for sale.

So I suppose it is technically possible considering that the board has been dumped, however if the Guru thinks that CPS3 emulation is not possible/unlikely, I fail to see how. Unless this friend of yours broke encryption that the Guru and other "best of the best" MAME developers cannot crack.

Not necessarily, it depends on the way it would be programmed (ie the no sound support would speed things up a little. Also if it only supports sfIII than it would be much less code - so faster to process).

Emulating a sh-2 takes quite a bit of juice... Add the fact that the CPS-3 was a 2-d processing monster (probably even more so than the sega saturn), I doubt very very much that you can achieve full speeds on a p266, even without sound. I'm not saying it's impossible, but very very unlikely.

Not that I believe that it is true though, this friend of yours is probably lying Frost. But, I'd love to see you prove me wrong!

I agree with you on both points. I believe the guy's lying, but I'd love to be proven wrong :P

BTW, I don't really care much about sf3 or the jojo's games (I have all of them on the dreamcast :D) I'd just like to see Warzard/Red Earth.

1st thing me and my friend are not lying, i see it with my 2 eye ball that my friend cpu with p266 is playing sf3 but as i told u before he never and ever post his creation in internet he create it for his own statisfaction (today he wearing a -6 eye glasses) and he developed that cps 3 emu in his p266 cpu (he have 4 cpu 1. is p1 166 2. p2 266 3. p3 1gb 4. p4 3gb) he try to create the emu in lower cpu and if it worked he try in other cpu and when i like to copy it he say no way and if i insist he say over my dead body, i i cant do that hes my friend since i was i 1st grade until now so if i want to play sf3 come to his home and now i dont have any prove to give u guys sorry, i think u all see me as a lair T_T sob sob sob sob sob

1st thing me and my friend are not lying, i see it with my 2 eye ball that my friend cpu with p266 is playing sf3 but as i told u before he never and ever post his creation in internet he create it for his own statisfaction (today he wearing a -6 eye glasses) and he developed that cps 3 emu in his p266 cpu (he have 4 cpu 1. is p1 166 2. p2 266 3. p3 1gb 4. p4 3gb) he try to create the emu in lower cpu and if it worked he try in other cpu and when i like to copy it he say no way and if i insist he say over my dead body, i i cant do that hes my friend since i was i 1st grade until now so if i want to play sf3  come to his home and now i dont have any prove to give u guys sorry, i think u all see me as a lair T_T sob sob sob sob sob

Well till there is some proof, we will think you and your friend are lying. You can't just say these kinds of things without having proof to back them up. I never knew that CPU speed was measured in gigabytes.

That's what the infamous Sharim did with KoF2003.

Hey look at this:

My best friend since second grade wrote an emulator for Atomiswave and it runs on a P3 866 computer! It's awesome! I saw it with my 2 eye balls. He was playing Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and it was awesome! He created it for his own satisfaction and isn't going to release it to the public because he's a greedy bastard. He's not even going to give it to me, his best friend, because he's such an asshole. He said "Over my dead body!" So I wanted to kill and take his computer to release this emulator but then I'd go to jail for no reason so I don't have any proof to give you guys. Sorry, I think you all see me as a liar T_T sob sob sob sob.

YOU S.O.B! :lol:

See, do you believe that? Do any of you believe that? No. If you do, you're stupid and majorly gullible.

the dudes lyin. if it were that easy to crack, it would have already been cracked. also havent we heard this "hoarding story" before. The : "i have it but i wont share it"? also, if he were your friend, wouldnt he give you a copy. well, basically i agree with the KLAW. those are my thoughts. until i see it, or hear an admin say its true, i wont believe it. also i think we shouldnt take this dude seriously any more

btw

PLEEEZ PROVE ME WRONG AND MAKE ME LOOK LIKE AN ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by saiyanfire

btw

I saw it with my own 2 eyes. It was awesome. It ran on P2 266 computer with 32 mb ram. And the game was only 10 mb!! I mean, you gotta believe me! :lol:

btw

I saw it with my own 2 eyes. It was awesome. It ran on P2 266 computer with 32 mb ram. And the game was only 10 mb!! I mean, you gotta believe me! :lol:

:lol::D

maybe sum1 should close this topic. im beginning to smell a little brimstone if you know what i mean

Edited by saiyanfire