Streetfighter 3 Third Strike

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because arcade goers can be such heathens.

SF3 is the greatest SF by a million miles and summed up the entire series in one game. It is the pinnacle of Street Fighter and anyone who has stuck through the series as avidly as me (and not just dipped in and out amidst all the other fighting games) should realise this. Sure I play other fighters and other games, but still nowhere near as much as I play the SF series. To this day, when I'm not playing on my DC SFIII series, and I'm deciding which emulator and game to play I can't help starting up MAME with any of the original SFII's.

Capcom nailed the fighting genre in one fell swoop and I see small, subtle evidences of genius everytime I play the old SF's that convince me the whole fighting thing would not have taken off, if Capcom hadn't had the foresight to include them.

SFIII takes everthing full circle and the newest games in the series have taken on board what worked from all Capcom's other fighters, discarded all the fatty pap that was surplus to requirements and once again hit the nail on the head and

included all of the SFII subtleties that pass most people by. The pace, the damage levels, the priorities of certain attack hits. It was all perfect before Alpha came along and messed it up (somewhat). It p*sses me off when people slate

SFIII. Capcom knew what they were doing, they created the whole genre for God's sake. It's the player's that weren't clever enough to appreciate just how well Capcom know the genre their game created.

The player's had cottoned on to the crass Alpha series and weren't ready for Capcom's attempt at re-schooling them.

People who dislike SFIII are probably the same people who agree with the common knowledge that Dan Hibiki is a useless character. No, Dan is invincible. When me and my brother play we have to ask permission before we are allowed to choose him. :D

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

Dan is useless ;), naw he owns, especially his SvCC encarnation. What about Ibuki? She was great in SFIII:2nd Impact, but I also hate capcom's choice to severaly tone her down and getting rid of her 3rd Special Art and tone down her hbc+P move in SFIII:3rd Strike. Shes still fun to use, just not as fun as it used to ;) I still miss the 20 hit combos I used to do with her.

That's because arcade goers can be such heathens.

SF3 is the greatest SF by a million miles and summed up the entire series in one game. It is the pinnacle of Street Fighter and anyone who has stuck through the series as avidly as me (and not just dipped in and out amidst all the other fighting games) should realise this. Sure I play other fighters and other games, but still nowhere near as much as I play the SF series. To this day, when I'm not playing on my DC SFIII series, and I'm deciding which emulator and game to play I can't help starting up MAME with any of the original SFII's.

Capcom nailed the fighting genre in one fell swoop and I see small, subtle evidences of genius everytime I play the old SF's that convince me the whole fighting thing would not have taken off, if Capcom hadn't had the foresight to include them.

SFIII takes everthing full circle and the newest games in the series have taken on board what worked from all Capcom's other fighters, discarded all the fatty pap that was surplus to requirements and once again hit the nail on the head and

included all of the SFII subtleties that pass most people by. The pace, the damage levels, the priorities of certain attack hits. It was all perfect before Alpha came along and messed it up (somewhat). It p*sses me off when people slate

SFIII. Capcom knew what they were doing, they created the whole genre for God's sake. It's the player's that weren't clever enough to appreciate just how well Capcom know the genre their game created.

The player's had cottoned on to the crass Alpha series and weren't ready for Capcom's attempt at re-schooling them.

People who dislike SFIII are probably the same people who agree with the common knowledge that Dan Hibiki is a useless character. No, Dan is invincible. When me and my brother play we have to ask permission before we are allowed to choose him. :P

Hey watch this. I'm going to say..

STREET FIGHTER III SUCKS!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HEE HAW HEE HAW!

Just kidding. I enjoy the game. :lol: