Definition of an old school gamer?

SWAMP_THING

what makes an old school gamer?

someone who plays old games or was there at the time?

what are old school games? pac man? asteroids? Street fighter 2?

i had a c64 computer so does that mean i am old school?

hang on, is it good to be considered old school,

"yes, i am an old school gamer. i have wasted all these years playing games" :blink:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the definition of "Old-School" is to have owned, or played, or have been above 10 at the time of the first generation of video game systems. Second generation-gamers, such as myself, have been playing since Genesis. Third generation-gamers are the ones who grew up with PSOne and N64. Fourth generation-gamers would be the ones that are growing up with the XBOX and PS2...etc.

2nd G for me, baby! (I made a rhyme! :rolleyes:)

Anon.

I'm 19 and have a an Atari 2600, NES, and an SNES here in the US and an NES/Samurai (that's what it is called there) and TurboGrafx16 at my house in India. I never bothered buying a PS, Genesis, Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, X-BOX, Gamecube because I can just leech those off friends. I had no need to buy them. And I basically stopped playing console games then, I prefer PC games.

So I think I'm pretty old school.

I liked how Anti winner broke down the generation. I think 1st and 2nd generation gamers would be of the old school definition. I grew up with Atari 2600 and Colecovision and moved on to Famicom, SNES, PS1 and the PS2, while occasionally delving into new school PC games and old school arcade as well. :rolleyes: