zn-1 emulation on MAME?

Has anyone actually managed to run a zn1 game on MAME yet (ie tekken, Rival Schools etc...)? cos everytime I try I just get a green screen.

I know the message comes up saying "this game doesn't work properly"...but that would imply that it sometimes worked AT ALL.

its not emulated on MAME yet because they wanna emulate a more different BIOS that whats on ZiNc, and those BIOS that they wanna emulated have heavy ass encryption so only the boot up colors are emulated for now :o...ah well..just use ZiNc for now :rolleyes:

btw, this is what it says in the zn driver source in mame

Sony ZN1/ZN2 - Arcade PSX Hardware

==================================

Driver by smf

QSound emulation based on information from the cps1/cps2 driver, Amuse & Miguel Angel Horna

Taito FX1a sound emulation based on information from the Taito F2 driver

The ZN1/ZN2 boards are standard boards from Sony. Extra sound h/w is

included on the rom board,

The BIOS is protected in all the games that run on this hardware.

During boot up the BIOS decrypts parts of itself into ram using

a device connected to the PSX controller port. As this is not

emulated yet you only get the boot up colours.

its not emulated on MAME yet because they wanna emulate a more different BIOS that whats on ZiNc, and those BIOS that they wanna emulated have heavy ass encryption so only the boot up colors are emulated for now :thumbsup:...ah well..just use ZiNc for now B)

Funny. I can get EG Ergeiz, Tekken's 1, 2, and 3, and soul calibur to load through mame. All be it, very slow, but still loading, none the less.

its not emulated on MAME yet because they wanna emulate a more different BIOS that whats on ZiNc, and those BIOS that they wanna emulated have heavy ass encryption so only the boot up colors are emulated for now :thumbsup:...ah well..just use ZiNc for now B)

Funny. I can get EG Ergeiz, Tekken's 1, 2, and 3, and soul calibur to load through mame. All be it, very slow, but still loading, none the less.

It's true. They work, but very slowly. You're still better off playing Tekken/Soul Blade in ZiNc.

Edited by Agozer