Gamecube Emulator (Real)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell no dude. They go upwards up to 1.2 gigs.

Oh Crap, I Was Hoping They Are Small Because Of THem Big Mini Cd-r's And All, So I'm Guessing They Are Mini DVD-/+r's Right?

Hell no dude. They go upwards up to 1.2 gigs.

Oh Crap, I Was Hoping They Are Small Because Of THem Big Mini Cd-r's And All, So I'm Guessing They Are Mini DVD-/+r's Right?

GameCube discs are Mini-DVDs. Can't hold as much as a regular DVD though.

actually, yes, they are miniDVDs, they hold exactly 1.5GB maximum

There have been rumours that they are going to start using Dual Layer MiniDVDs which would up their size to around 3.2GB

I think they already are dual layer DVDs though that hold 1.5GB, if you know how a CD/DVD works, the inner part holds the least amount of data...and yeah, im pretty sure it would have to be dual layer for it to hold 1.5GB

Edited by Shibathedog

I don't think it has much functionality yet, but I'm interested to see how it progresses.

My thoughts exactly. So lets say if i rip the game file of of a GC game can i just play the game through the emulator like that?

On a somewhat related note, I just found empty MiniDVD-R discs at my local store today.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think it has much functionality yet, but I'm interested to see how it progresses.

My thoughts exactly. So lets say if i rip the game file of of a GC game can i just play the game through the emulator like that?

On a somewhat related note, I just found empty MiniDVD-R discs at my local store today.

Hmm...that's HUGE news, I thought they didn't sell mini-dvd-rs publically? But if they do someone should test the gamecube's copy-protection ability.

Hmm...that's HUGE news, I thought they didn't sell mini-dvd-rs publically? But if they do someone should test the gamecube's copy-protection ability.

Yeah, it just makes me wonder what drives read/write those MiniDVD-R discs...