NRX vs Kawaks, lets settle this once and for all..

Which Neo Geo emulator do you prefer? Please state why below.  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its just that I'm having the hardest f'ing time trying to gather NeorageX Roms, but switching emulators whould mean getting all the roms again which is MAX EFFORT! It just seems that everyone is using Kawaks, and I wanna know if I'm right in thinking this.

Please give me reasons for your choice, and "I use both" is not allowed, just choose the one you prefer.

Kawaks, MAME, Nebula or FBA (i use FBA though)

they all share the same MAME-compliant ROMsets so compatibility shouldnt be a huge problem, plus emulation accuracy level heaps better than NRX.

Edited by Xeon

id vote for Neoragex, no more baby talk, no hassles! pentium1 133mhz compatible! (un mmx pc tested! works like a charm ;) )

The only reason I prefer Kawaks is that you can do HEAPS more with the graphics (ie super2xSai blitters, etc...). Also, Kawaks seems to be faster than Nebula doing the same thing - I can run my games on super2xsai on Kawaks with very little slowdown, yet Nebula slows down heaps. I know Nebula wasn't an option, but hey...its probably the 3rd most used non-mame emulator if you count WinKawaks and NeorageX to be 1st and 2nd.

I use both kawa and NRX. Both emulator are good, but comparing both emulator. I would have to choose NRX. The programers that made NRX did a better job. Neorage first started from a DOS format so it did not rely on system resource and uses less memory to run emulation. Games run a lot more smooth and was more compatible with even some slow pentium cpu.

Kawa is still a awesome emulator. Look what they did for the xbox.