Old-School Gamers... Inquery.

ah, yes... i remember attempting to sell my little brother to obtain that 149.99 for the super nes. i DID have to trade my nes and its 30-some cartridges to finally get it.

and to answer the original question, i'd say that would have cost about $150 in 1992 (seeing as there was no such thing as purchasing used games and systems).

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys remember the ads they had on TV for the "game glove" or something - the controller for the NES which let you use a glove to control the playable character? ie I remember in the ad he would punch the screen for a boxing game, and make steering motions for a driving game, and even make lifting motions to jump Mario, etc.. etc...

Anyone ever have one of these things? Were they cool? And if we had the technology to do them back when the ORIGINAL ghost busters cartoon was on the air, shouldn't we have (much better) versions for the next-gen consoles?

Well, I don't remember exactly. Thats because my brother got his genesis as a birthday present. and we usually waited or borrowed gens games. Usually they were 20 bucks for an old game. Which is more expensive than our greatest hits games :lol:

Carts were expensive as hell but at the time it was the normal price so you couldnt really tell.

Sega Genesis - Shadow Dancer - $70

Sega Genesis - Stryder - $70

These were prices at Kay-Bee Toys.

i think i still have the price tags on some of my carts.

Neo-Geo was expensive as we all know.

Average price of new games in 1992 was about $179.99 (nothing compared to new games in 2004- @$350.00)

Do you guys remember the ads they had on TV for the "game glove" or something - the controller for the NES which let you use a glove to control the playable character? ie I remember in the ad he would punch the screen for a boxing game, and make steering motions for a driving game, and even make lifting motions to jump Mario, etc.. etc...

Anyone ever have one of these things? Were they cool? And if we had the technology to do them back when the ORIGINAL ghost busters cartoon was on the air, shouldn't we have (much better) versions for the next-gen consoles?

02_62_powerglove.jpg

Witness the POWER GLOVE!!!!!

Edited by N3oGhost

Do any of you remember the movie The Wizard? That movie always pops into my head when people mention old school gaming. It was about these 3 kids that run away from home and go cross country to play in this game tournment. The kid was a wizard at Super Mario Bros. A very touching movie. Well it was in that movie that I remember seeing that cool glove.

Do any of you remember the movie The Wizard? That movie always pops into my head when people mention old school gaming. It was about these 3 kids that run away from home and go cross country to play in this game tournment. The kid was a wizard at Super Mario Bros. A very touching movie. Well it was in that movie that I remember seeing that cool glove.

I remember that movie! I watched like part of it a lot :lol:

@Elazul... Have you looked at most of the Genesis Library? Or the NES? or SNES? or Gameboy? Most of the games on these systems were CRAP, save for the jems. I mean, look at Battletoads on the Genesis, or Pit Fighter, or Ahh! Real Monsters. They were all made with money in mind.

Most games today, as well, are made with money in mind, but at least the price of MAKING the game can keep some HORRIBLE companies from trying to make a game without a game at it's core.

Anon.