KOF2003 Poll

Which of these BEST describes Ash Crimson?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I wasn't referring to Ash's moves... I was referring to his appearance, but I can go ahead and criticize his moves.

As far as charge characters go, there never are many moves. That's usually not a problem. In SF2 Guile owned ^.^ but Guile didn't look like a flocking sissy. Ash would be ok if he actually looked like a man or he was a girl so he'd fit his appearance, and also if he wasn't a flamer. But nooooooo... SNK just had to be unoriginal and add in a flamer who isn't in the same league as Kyo or Iori. You see, Ash is a newbie friendly character in the essence that his projectile can be abused OBSESSIVELY to great effect... and also the fact that he has very little combo ability, but that's to be expected of a charge character. Anyway, charge characters are very predictable for one thing, and they're supposed to play defense but since they're so predictable that makes it kind of hard. People wonder why I go on an all out assault with Guile... it keeps ppl on their toes sometimes, but since it goes against his intended playign style it gets me beaten sometimes too. Anyway, in the hands of an expert, Kyo or Iori could wipe out Ash regardless of who was playing him. And at least they'd look somewhat manly doing it... -.-

Duo Lon looks like a cross between a queer and a goth in my opinion. The boxer on that team, I don't remember his name but he's annoying as hell to fight. I don't know why but he gives me more trouble than anyone in the game besides the final boss. At least you can tell he's a guy though.

Whats your beef with effeminate male characters? And whats up with phrases like "queer" and "sissy", what are you a jock from an early 90's teen flick? If they were all "macho macho" alpha males then kof would be boring asthectically wouldn't it?

I agree with the unoriginality on SNK's front though. Green flames? Come on... :blink:

They don't all have to be macho men. You should just be able to tell that they are male by looking at them. I thought Ash was a girl until I hear his voice.

Ash Crimson is a flaming transvestite (no pun intended)  :blink:

He has to be the worst SNK character of all time (He only has 3 moves :( )

Why make a new character when you can just "copy" characters from another game. This is truely an original effort by SNK. I use the term "original" loosely here. He is like Remy and Guile really, nothing more, nothing less. Looks of Remy and moves of Guile.

There have been rarely any "original" characters as of late. So take it as a blessing then a torture.