Dreamcast system life

I really love my dreamcast, my question is, should i buy another one just incase it dies. The one i bought was used, but with the 15 or so newly downloaded games im going to play this sumbich for a really long time.

Shibathedog, I know you have like 26, or somthing, but do the rest of you think it would be a good deal to just buy another for like 20$ just in case it dies?

They are getting harder to find, (game stop is getting rid of theirs at a really low price)

How long do this system last?

Thanks

Well, it depends on how well you take care of your dreamcast. I still have a working genesis and i got it the first time it came out. You can get dreamcast for $20? In my area is like about 70-100 dollars (CAD) because they are so rare.

I had a launch unit that died about 3 months ago (GDR drive broke). I FINALLY found a replacement for $20 the other day. If I can find another, I'll get it too and stick it in the closet for when the new one dies.

Off-topic, but does anyone know where I can find a good, free DC repair guide online? I found a few guides, but folks are charging for them. :lol:

Edited by El_Pollo_Loco

Man, I would love to live in a land where the DC's are 20 bucks. I would buy 3 of them if I could get that kind of offer...plus a controller or mem card? Thats just paradise man.

I got it at Gamestop. Black sports unit w/controller and rf adapter. :D

If you think $20 is a good deal, I have a coupon for EB for a $9.99 DC. The only store near me that had a unit in stock was 50 miles away, and they *wouldn't* hold it for me until I got off work. :lol:

GD Units "break" all the time, but really they just need to be realigned, it makes me mad how people throw out their DC's just because they think its broken when its really not, i think i just got motivated enough to write my guide today on how to realign it

Would that cause it to make a grinding noise? If so, I've still got the old unit laying around and would love to get it working again!

Oh yea, they are selling VMU's for like 3 bucks at fun co land. I bought like three (is that enough)? but hell you cant beat it,

My dreamcast was used, when i got it, but its a hkt 3020, so preatty new i guess?

Have any of you played evil twin????

Im downloading it right now it looks fun