What Controller Do You Use?

Jitx

I'm trying to get some ideas here. I just really got heavily into the Emu scene and my current controller, just a regular Microsoft Sidewinder, suck ass. The D-pad is a peice of crap, and i cant get it to work on games like Prince of Persia: The Sand of Time, or Legacy of Kain: Defiance.

I'm thinking of getting this:

http://gear.ign.com/articles/437/437603p1.html

but i wanted to know what you guys might suggest? I'm mainly looking for something that has a nice D-pad, for games like SvC and KoF. So whats your suggestions?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have an XBOX, get an XBOX-2-USB adaptor. It is a connection to make your XBOX controller a PC one.

I bought this because I already had an Arcade Stick and a controller for my X, so why spend $40-60 for a controller and $100-200 for an arcade stick? Here is the website if you want to buy it:

XBOX adapters

It can connect multiple controllers, too! :D I ordered mine 2 days ago!

Anon.

I FOUND MY SIDEWINDER!! YES!!!!! It's been gone for almost a year!!! Oh happy day!

But it's been so long since I've used it, it feels weird as hell. I can play better on the keyboard. :D

Hey Agozar, got any tips on how to do Half Circle motion? I can do charge moves and quarter circle motion like a charm, but I'm having trouble with the half circles. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't. And I'm also having trouble pressing two of the buttons at the same time for SDMs. I macroed A+C and B+D to two other buttons but thats cheap.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

the bad thing about keyboards is they only recognise 3 or 4 button presses at the same time. like AntiWinner22 said the xbox adapter is a good choice or a playstation adapter which ever you have. then there is my holy grail a saturn controller and adapter! there is no better controller for fighting games then the saturn controller.

the bad thing about keyboards is they only recognise 3 or 4 button presses at the same time.  like AntiWinner22 said the xbox adapter is a good choice or a playstation adapter which ever you have.  then there is my holy grail a saturn controller and adapter! there is no better controller for fighting games then the saturn controller.

Ah yes...the Saturn controller. I remember playing Darkstalkers and Street Fighter on the Saturn. Good times.

The Sidewinder layout is basically like a Saturn controller except for where you hold it. It's got that PS handle thing going.

PS to USB, 12 bucks, levelsix.com, Good people. You can get the printerport version for 4 bucks. Playstation controller > all

Controller S, bah, it still sucks, hard as hell to play fighting games on an xbox.

Its all a matter of taste, K' Dash. I personally don't like having to use the soulder buttons to pull of supers in MvsC2. The layout of the Controller S on the XBOX is much like those REALLY advanced Genesis controllers that I grew up with. 6 front buttons and 2 shoulder buttons.

There are also XBOX controllers now that have extra shoulder buttons on top and work as the black and white buttons. PS fans, rejoice.

Anon.

The Old Xbox controllers are easier to to pull moves off of then the Controller S. Its the Black & White Buttons that get on my nerves, too low if you ask me.

I FOUND MY SIDEWINDER!! YES!!!!!  It's been gone for almost a year!!! Oh happy day!

But it's been so long since I've used it, it feels weird as hell. I can play better on the keyboard. :D

Hey Agozar, got any tips on how to do Half Circle motion? I can do charge moves and quarter circle motion like a charm, but I'm having trouble with the half circles. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't. And I'm also having trouble pressing two of the buttons at the same time for SDMs. I macroed A+C and B+D to two other buttons but thats cheap.

I'm usually having trouble doing double half-circle motions in the heat of battle, but for single ones...I just do those, from one end to another...nothing hard about that.

I've macroed double and triple button presses in neoRAGEx. I can only pull off A+B and B+D without any help... I've set up my buttons like this:

Neo buttons - SW buttons

A = A

B = B

C = X

D = Y

C+D = L

A+B+C = R

B+C+D = Z

A+C = C

Edited by Agozer

I'm usually having trouble doing double half-circle motions in the heat of battle, but for single ones...I just do those, from one end to another...nothing hard about that.

I've macroed double and triple button presses in neoRAGEx. I can only pull off A+B and B+D without any help... I've set up my buttons like this:

Neo buttons - SW buttons

A = A

B = B

C = X

D = Y

C+D = L

A+B+C = R

B+C+D = Z

A+C = C

It matters in the heat of battle though :D Sometimes I ghetto it by doing a QCF+QCB really quickly. Alright, most of my macros are the same as yours so I feel good about that. Yeah...it is hard to press A and X at the same time but B+Y are easy. Don't know why I macroed B+D when I could easily have done that.

Thanks for your setup.