What ever happened to "Family Guy"?

random guy

Whatever happened to Family Guy? Its the funniest show I have EVER seen. Stewie, the megalomaniacal baby hell-bent on world domination, Brian the alcaholic dog who was at one point addicted to cocaine, Meg (at various points we have found out that she used to have a tail, and killed her twin sister, but its never talked about again), Quagmire, the pervert neighbour...

I'm watching an episdode on my pc right now, and Peter, the father, just got hit by a bolt of lightning and left his body for a near-death experience, and then reaches into his unconscious body's pockets and mugs himself.

It had 3 seasons and then got cancelled. WHY?? It's humour is a lot more subtle than South Park (it never had a live-motion close up of a girl giving birth on the show). Also, I've heard news of a family guy movie, but I dont know if its gonna ever be made.

*If anyone's interested, about 3/4 of the episodes are at http://spooner.alltunes.co.uk in easily downloadable (but crap quality) 6mg files. More are added regularly*

Edited by Prican25

I love this series...they still show it on Cartoon Network, but I think it went through some editing process beforehand. Still, I watch it. But yeah, don't know what happened. Maybe the show happened to offend the wrong people -- people with some leverage, and influence. I really don't know.

actually fox is lookin into the series again due to the high sales of the dvd sets and the number of ppl watching it on cartoon network so keep your fingers crossed :D

also the maker of the series mentioned he might be making a movie!

I just came rushing back here to post that I just found out that new episodes are on the cards, I really hope they decide to, that would be awesome. But I hope they don't tone it down at all, it had better be ruder than ever! :D

yeah, I think they're making new episodes right now as we speak that we can expect to be on t.v in the next year, but on FOX not Cartoon Network, why? I don't know..its a stupid move if you ask me, seeing as how Cartoon Network is what made family really popular. Hell, I memmer when I used to feel like the only one watching it...and this was in 2000 and in 2001. Now when ppl ask "oh, did you see the one when...?" I just say "yeah, I saw that a long ass time ago"

I love that show! I have almost all of the episodes on my computer. While that show was on the air, it overtook The Simpsons as the funniest show. I was heartbroken when they took it off the air, put it back, and then took it off again! They were playing with my emotions.

The reason it will be on Fox is more people watch Fox than Cartoon Network. It's a pity the show didn't get the mass ratings that it deserved.

The reason they will have it on FOX is because FOX still has the rights to the show. They only sold the rerun copyrights to Cartoon Network, not the whole entire show.

Oh yeah. And that, too. I think News Corp. also owns Cartoon Network.