REQ: Kawa-X Hackers please read

Shuyin

there was always a HUGE problem with Kawa-X and that is the fact that EVERY button HAS TO have a button assigned to it. this makes playing games very hard because IGR button combinations are either LRBW or for me LRB. i dont play games holding the controller normally, i play arcade style so there are a lot of times when i accidentally press L or R and something comes out instead of what i want.

im requesting a fix to where buttons could be assigned to no function like FBAX and also a fix with the in-game reset and change those buttons to start+back+black/white button. since most people use controllers, start and back are way out of thier way to accidentally IGR.

these are really the only problems with fully enjoying Kawa-X, i hope they get fixed.

[additonal req] if no one wants to do this can anybody please tell me how to do it myself

What dashboard are you using??

EvoX has an IGR built in and you can enable or disable it. In addition you can map what buttons you want to use to enable IGR. It's normally LRWB, but you can add start to it as well.

As for removing buttons from Kawa-X, I think someone would have to have the source code to do that, but unfortunately the Kawa-X source hasn't been released yet.

The issue shouldn't be with IGR, your issue should reside in the false-moves being input when you accidentally hit triggers. That's why I set them to start, so when I play garou, if it accidentally taunts, I can just move out of it.

I don't know why "None" wasn't thought of at the time. Mr H did wonders with the emulator; I guess we should overlook the little faults. :sad:

the best thing i could do was put it to coin but igr still had a problem cause we dont hold the controller the way its supposed to be normally held. i hold the d-pad part normally but i play arcade style with the face buttons. so my the controller has to be rested on somewhere, usually on my knee or if im sitting down on the floor, the floor. when i play, l or r buttons get randomly pressed and if i do a move with black (common on CPS2 games since theyre 6-button) then the system restarts cause of the IGR built in with Kawa-X

Okay, I see what you're saying now.

Well, I guess you could either get Final Burn Alpha X for your CPS Games since that doesn't have a IGR with Button Presses, or shell out some money for an actual Xbox Arcade Joystick. I've seen them go for around $50 - $70 US and if you really want the arcade experience, get an X-Arcade, but they're a good $100 a piece. I have 2 of them myself and they're awesome. Now if I could just get them to stay completely still while moving the joystick and hitting buttons like an arcade...

Plus Lantus's emulators (xSnes9x and FBAx) support X-Arcade layouts, so it makes compatabilty with the emulators nice.

I mean are any of the original developers still working on Kawa-X anymore?? The last release was a long time ago and there's been no news since. I hope someone picks up Kawa-X and keeps porting new versions of it, like how MAME-X was done.