What about this new PSP?

random guy

Anyone heard about the new PSP? That's PlayStation Portable - Sony has designed a handheld console to compete with the GameBoy Advance. It looks funky. Check it out here.

Also, the discs the games will come on are "Universal Media Discs". Does anyone have any idea what these are? Also, do you know if a CD or DVD drive could write to them? :-D

Apparently, it will be released in September or so...

I'll get one. it's gonna be hard to muscle in on the Big N's handheld market. just ask SNK, Atari, Sega, NEC, and who ever made the wonderswan (I think Bandai?) But if anyones got deep enough pockets to do it it's Sony. as for the media I dunno the specs or if it is DVD or CD. But surely someone will figure a way to bootleg and copy the software.

I'll get one. it's gonna be hard to muscle in on the Big N's handheld market. just ask SNK, Atari, Sega, NEC, and who ever made the wonderswan (I think Bandai?) But if anyones got deep enough pockets to do it it's Sony. as for the media I dunno the specs or if it is DVD or CD. But surely someone will figure a way to bootleg and copy the software.

Like they did with the Nokia N-Gage already. :-D

heheh I totally forgot the N-Gage. see that shows thier level of sucsess I remembered the wonderswan and not the N-Gage. eheheh.

Here's my sight on what's foing to probably going to happen:

1.) Kid's won't be able to get their parents to buy them a psp when their parents see the price tag (Estimated: 250-ish)

2.) Hardcore PS2 junkies will join the bandwaggon

3.) Little kids will stick to GBA

It really comes down to the price tag, and if sony is going to push the "mature gamer" approach on the item (Like Nokia did).