AMD,Intel, or IBM?

Gryph

Who is your favorite CPU manufacturer/chip?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well MHZ-wise. The AMD Athlon FX-51 performs better though, atleast in games (where it counts :-D)

Yeah, AMD has the things down. While all Intel cares about is just breaking barriers. I need a price on a FX-51 -_o'

i'm gonna wait for the FX-50 to come out, i'm not in the mood for buying registered memories (i'll keep those in mind if i build and opteron based server)

btw about cyrix, they had a nice concept, which is actually what amd uses today, more MIPS, less MHz, but the arquitecture wasn't good enough (the world wasn't technologically advanced enough for it)

i'm gonna wait for the FX-50 to come out, i'm not in the mood for buying registered memories (i'll keep those in mind if i build and opteron based server)

btw about cyrix, they had a nice concept, which is actually what amd uses today, more MIPS, less MHz, but the arquitecture wasn't good enough (the world wasn't technologically advanced enough for it)

At least somebody has something good to say about Cyrix!! :rolleyes: