SA2 plain files -> selfboot

ok. heres what i did. i got a backed up copy of sa2. i have a few high quality soundtracks for the games. i took a few of the lo quality adx files in the game, and replaced them with high quality counterparts. now my problem is that im stuck with this folder with the cd files and no way to create a self boot disc or at the least a disc that can be read by a boot loader disc.

umm. im not dumb (contrary to popular belief :-D ). i already converted the music to adx files and everything. my main problem is getting the plain files to a working selfboot cd. so far the files ive got are an exact copy from a working burned selfboot sa2 disc.

ok. i found a cdrecord tutorial on the dcemulation site. ive been tryng to follow it but am stuck at the very last part of step 3 where it needs the offset numbers. so far i cant find them in cdrecord. this is what it gave me while/after writing the audio track:

H:\Selfboot\Tools>cdrecord -dev=2,0,0 -multi -audio audio.raw

Cdrecord 1.10 (i586-pc-cygwin) Copyright © 1995-2001 Jörg Schilling

scsidev: '2,0,0'

scsibus: 2 target: 0 lun: 0

Using libscg version 'schily-0.5'

Device type    : Removable CD-ROM

Version        : 0

Response Format: 1

Vendor_info    : 'HL-DT-ST'

Identifikation : 'RW/DVD GCC-4480B'

Revision    : 'GW01'

Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.

Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-R driver (mmc_cdr).

Driver flags : SWABAUDIO

Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 4 in write mode for multi session.

Last chance to quit, starting real write in 0 seconds. Operation starts.

Track 01: Total bytes read/written: 705600/705600 (300 sectors).

ok. so apparently the ip.bin not being there is a huge issue. cuz i managed to find the offset number. it was 11702. when it got to the part where i had to hack the 1st_read.bin file, i couldnt cuz it needed the ip.bin for some reason. since the original sa2 disc had the 4 seconds of blank audio on the first track as well, i figured it wouldnt need the binhack so i just forgot about it. went though the rest of the tutorial just fine. burned the disc and all, but when i ran it in the dc this happened:

dc logo comes up. fades to white then to dc bios. hit the play icon, no game disc error, just continued to reset and try loading again. kept going on over and over. no luck. any ideas how i can get this to work? im assuming its possible with sa2 considering the original backup was done in a smilar way to mine.

ok this may sound crazy, but make sure your laser is in the closest position to the middle, then spin the disc clockwise reallly fast with your fingers, close the DC, and turn it on realy fast. Sometimes that helps

If its going to the CD player, its burned wrong, if its going to the main menu it either...

needs a bootdisc

is burned on a disc that it cant read

is on a damaged disc (dought it)

your GD-ROM needs to be re-aligned

your DC is too cold, move it to a warmer place

Try booting an original GD-ROM, then turn it off after you get to at least the main menu, and then try to boot your CDR, sometimes that helps.

ill. try all those sggestions, but so far im guessing they will not help considering i burned a copy of sonic shuffle just the other night on the same type of cdr and it had no problems booting. i tried dchakker to load it, but when i hit open on the 1sr_read.bin, it just froze.

if anything, im hoping someone can point me in the right direction of how i can properly burn these files.

hmm, your image could be screwed up, try cleaning your DC lense (with Q-Tip, GENTLY!!!!, AND if you have one (notice i said AND) one of those CD Player cleaner discs)

i have a copy of Bust a Move 4 that refuses to do anything but go into the CD player no matter what i do, some images are just messed up

try putting DC_HAKKAR in Unscrambled mode or whatever (i think you press Y)