Kof2k3 on Kawaks

N3oGhost

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well basically, the guy killed one of the svc's for kof2003 so thats all you need to if you want to try it for ppl using kawa-hex.

question for Mr. X or N3OGH0ST: if you could use samsho5 with all the fixes inculding merging the v roms, you should be able to use a smaller rom and hex it to big and save garoup for kof2003 right?

i'm planning on testing it on art of fighting 2 since it has all the roms but one extra v which can be hexed out ;)

update: seems that you can only use certain roms just not any but i'm not getting any luck with roms that have 8 c roms that aren't 8mb :)

Edited by Prican25

well basically, the guy killed one of the svc's for kof2003 so thats all you need to if you want to try it for ppl using kawa-hex.

question for Mr. X or N3OGH0ST: if you could use samsho5 with all the fixes inculding merging the v roms, you should be able to use a smaller rom and hex it to big and save garoup for kof2003 right?

i'm planning on testing it on art of fighting 2 since it has all the roms but one extra v which can be hexed out :thumbsup:

update: seems that you can only use certain roms just not any but i'm not getting any luck with roms that have 8 c roms that aren't 8mb B)

In using Ciccior techniques (Thx to him for roms names locations), it's very easy to replace Encrypted sets + Alternative sets with SVC, Powerin4, Samsho5 & others on the same default.xbe.

i'm not sure if i've spoken to Prican about this before, but someone has probably realized this and perhaps tried it.

rehacking the rom size to accept the 16m C files...

the only problem is the P rom is still encrypted i think....that and it's wacky....if we could somehow decrypt it, we may be able to get it working using the kawaks dev set.

.....or i may just be talking out my ass again...

also - Mr.X - how were you able to locate the rom size hexes in order to chane them? I'm very curious concerning this.

-jin

yes i had hexed the rom region to 16mb which is 0004 and chaging each c rom from 4mb to 8mb which 8000 but when i tried the rom it freeze dead on c1 B)

kinda wish one of the pros release a hexing kawa-x for dummys guide those that like to learn how to do it. i've learned a lot from N3OGH0ST and Mr. X but this c rom thing is just bugging me hehe

Edited by Prican25