What's wrong with MAME32?

Gryph

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i may have to go back and play those again but Tyrian holds a special place in my heart. Holocube plot development, melancholy music, awesome ship upgrades, and a dope 2 player co-op mode... dizamn. I'll admit it's sorta easy and fluffy a lot of the time... guess the fact that it's been almost a decade doesn't help my recollection either.

i may have to go back and play those again but Tyrian holds a special place in my heart. Holocube plot development, melancholy music, awesome ship upgrades, and a dope 2 player co-op mode... dizamn. I'll admit it's sorta easy and fluffy a lot of the time... guess the fact that it's been almost a decade doesn't help my recollection either.

Try Raptor: Call of the Shadows.

GRYPHON! HOW DARE YOU BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

IF ANY VERT. SHOOTER EVER OWNED, YOU KNOW IT'S DO DON PACHI!, WITH ARMED POLICE BATRIDER COMING IN 2ND, AND GIGAWING OR BATSUGUN COMING IN 3RD! :sad:

I haven't played those.

Agozer, I wil be your slave forever if you can point me in the direction or if you have, Raptor: Call Of The Shadows!!!!! :sad:

P.S. Speaking of Raptor, anybody know where to get all those old Apogee games? Those ruled!

Try some abandonware sites.

Agozer, I wil be your slave forever if you can point me in the direction or if you have, Raptor: Call Of The Shadows!!!!! :)

P.S. Speaking of Raptor, anybody know where to get all those old Apogee games? Those ruled!

Hmm...I have it burned to a CD along with hundreds of other old-school PC games.

http://www.the-underdogs.org, happy hunting. :sad:

MAME is THE best emulator to use if you have the resources to run everything properly. It is rock solid. I'm a retro games freak and have a full romset but I find I use it primarily for the Neo-Geo and CPS1 + 2 games. For me, no other Emulator has come close since I downloaded it.

If someone could create a MAME for all formats instead of just coin-ops, so I could wave goodbye to all the waste-of-space MD, SNES, GB, NES, Master System, N64 and PC ENGINE emus that are always missing crucial features and options thus forcing me to compromise, I'd be bloody stoked.

I run all my games on full resolution and with RGB sharp and the games look phenomenal. Displayed as they were intended. This isn't possible in any other emulator I have, no matter what combination of options I select.

The GUI is perfect allowing easy access to all features and games and displaying multiple screens and images relating to each game something no other emulator ever bothers with (even though I admit it is something trivial to many).

Plus configuring and re-configuring the controllers exactly how I want them is a snap. Bottom line is, if your machine is powerful MAME absolutely nukes the competition.

The biggest praise I could heap upon it is - It is the closest an emulator can get to feeling like a professional shop bought product. As opposed to an amateurish "at least it does the job" program like most emulators are.

How happy was I when I discovered that SVC, Samurai Shodown V, Metal Slug 5 and KOF 2003 were downloadable bundled with a MAME that could run them?!

8)8)

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku