off topic: console price cuts!

Inky

just seen this at an xbox site:

:ph34r:

Microsoft's Xbox may be on the verge of a substantial price cut, falling from $179 to $99 by Labor Day, according to P.J. McNealy, an analyst with American Technology Research.

"It is our belief that the price on the consoles in North America could see a stepped drop this year, with both the PS2 and Xbox being cut to $129 between now and the May E3 trade show, with [Microsoft] then cutting the Xbox further to $99 in the late summer," he wrote in a research note released Wednesday.

:ph34r:

good news for those in the market for a new console! if the big two go to $99 by summer GC will have to drop to the $59 dollar range to survive.

$99 bucks for the Xbox is too risky for M$, I say it will drop to $129. It did well for the GameCube, got ahead of both the PS2 and Xbox for about a week before dropping to second then back to third.

Even at $129 it would make it awful hard on the big N to keep up. they are basicly giving thier hardware away, as it is with the bundles and low price. Sony and MS won't be happy until Nintendo goes the way of Sega.

But then again Nintendo prolly won't be happy until it brings out another system with a totally haggard controller. heheh

Well, I have heard that console makers generally lose money on their consoles and want to get it back in games. The thing about this is, if they're losing money when the console is (here a new console usually comes out at about $700AUD) selling for full price, they'll REALLY be losing out at these prices.

No wonder Sega havegiven up on the console race!

BTW K'dash, why does your sig say, "do you mean, here?" over and over again?

Edited by random guy

if u guys are into stocks the price drops will happen to sell as many units before the new consoles come out in the next 2 yrs they have made all the major bucks on the systems all teh revenue is on the games now so the 129 by E3 then 99 for the holidays is gonna happen

sony is banking on the psp this holiday not the ps2, xbox is relying on halo 2 and a few other titles along with their redisigned and smaller xbox also sony is gonna release a smaller ps2 later this yr that may be the 99 dollar model for christmas.

Super Nintendo and Regular Nintendo are still kinda pricy. I can get a DC for like $25, but Nintendo costs like 40-50.

Even some gameboy games, like Megaman, it was like $40... kinda odd coming from somewhere like Gamestop, but I guess not since it was and sorta is still popular.

$99 sounds nice for an Xbox, real nice. I got my Gamecube a while ago, I think I payed $130ish.

i'd like to buy a gamecube for 49 dollars :angry: