King Of Fighters 2003 (kof2003.zip) News III

James

Haha...james, I think that's exactly his problem. :D He can't use MAME because his system isn't fast enough and desperately wants KOF2003 to be emulated on all emulators. (Kind of like me  :angry:)

That, or he hates MAME with a passion.

yes maybe. I like the other emulators as well. but mame is the one i use the most.

Edited by james

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha...james, I think that's exactly his problem. :D He can't use MAME because his system isn't fast enough and desperately wants KOF2003 to be emulated on all emulators. (Kind of like me  :angry:)

That, or he hates MAME with a passion.

yes maybe. I like the other emulators as well. but mame is the one i use the most.

It all boils down to personal preferences.

K, as soon as I get home, I'm going to start working on this. I'll work on it until I figure something out, I was onto the right hunch last night, that you wouldn't just be compiling one p file, you would just be re-ordering and most likely changing the size of each p file. Anyway, 720 combos isn't bad if you break it down to one step at a time, and I have the patience to do that. I'lpl start as soon as I can.

Alphabeta has the right idea, looking for things to help those of us who are working on this. Those people who are just saying "come on you lose4rs are slow" etc. should either try to help in some way, or shut up until it's done; good tthings come to those who wait.

Alphabeta, if you get that guy who needed to know what the byte number was in binary in contact with me, I can help him. I have to read up on the bytes in hex and stuff, but I'll figure it out soon.

K, as soon as I get home, I'm going to start working on this.  I'll work on it until I figure something out, I was onto the right hunch last night, that you wouldn't just be compiling one p file, you would just be re-ordering and most likely changing the size of each p file.  Anyway, 720 combos isn't bad if you break it down to one step at a time, and I have the patience to do that.  I'lpl start as soon as I can.

Alphabeta has the right idea, looking for things to help those of us who are working on this.  Those people who are just saying "come on you lose4rs are slow" etc. should either try to help in some way, or shut up until it's done; good tthings come to those who wait.

Alphabeta, if you get that guy who needed to know what the byte number was in binary in contact with me, I can help him.  I have to read up on the bytes in hex and stuff, but I'll figure it out soon.

Good luck i have spent many hours on this and so far no good :D

Alphabeta, if you get that guy who needed to know what the byte number was in binary in contact with me, I can help him.  I have to read up on the bytes in hex and stuff, but I'll figure it out soon.

For the sake of uncluttering this thread, anyone who is working on this should consider just posting information concerning this there, not here. You can contact NeoGhost in this thread.

http://excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forum...7&threadid=4549

Edited by alphabetman

How does the rom work in MAME?  Has anyone tried contacting the person who did that work in the first place?  Perhaps they have some useful information.

I think we would have found the answer already if all it would take is to see how MAME does it.

also the ROM is stolen, meaning unintentionally released (which isnt half-bad on our end :D). can anybody even expect help from someone they've stolen from??

i dont think so. lets just get our asses working on the ROMs (though ive no clue now what to do next - i dont think working in 1MB chunks can do the trick).

also the ROM is stolen, meaning unintentionally released (which isnt half-bad on our end :D). can anybody even expect help from someone they've stolen from??

i dont think so. lets just get our asses working on the ROMs (though ive no clue now what to do next - i dont think working in 1MB chunks can do the trick).

well i still think we should have a good look at the mame driver for kof2003 could be a good idea.

it loads the p roms. and going by the p roms region

ROM_START( kof2003 )

ROM_REGION( 0x800000, REGION_CPU1, 0 )

ROM_LOAD16_WORD_SWAP( "271-p1.bin", 0x100000, 0x400000, CRC(92ed6ee3) )

ROM_LOAD16_WORD_SWAP( "271-p2.bin", 0x500000, 0x200000, CRC(5d3d8bb3) )

ROM_CONTINUE( 0x000000, 0x100000 )

ROM_CONTINUE( 0x000000, 0x100000 )

the rom load is weird compaired to other rom loads for neogeo.

and i am sure there could be some info here as well

static unsigned short kof2003_tbl[0x1000];

static READ16_HANDLER( kof2003_16_r )

{

return kof2003_tbl[offset];

}

static WRITE16_HANDLER( kof2003_16_w )

{

UINT32 bankaddress;

kof2003_tbl[offset]=(kof2003_tbl[offset]&mem_mask)|((~mem_mask)&data);

if(offset>0xff9) return;

bankaddress=((kof2003_tbl[0xff8]>>:angry:|(kof2003_tbl[0xff9]<<:blink:)+0x100000;

*(((UINT8 *)kof2003_tbl)+0x1ff0)=0xa0;

*(((UINT8 *)kof2003_tbl)+0x1ff1)&=0xfe;

*(((UINT8 *)kof2003_tbl)+0x1ff3)&=0x7f;

neogeo_set_cpu1_second_bank(bankaddress);

*(((unsigned char *)memory_region(REGION_CPU1))+0x58196)=kof2003_tbl

[0xff9]&0xff;

}

DRIVER_INIT( kof2003 )

{

install_mem_read16_handler (0, 0x2fe000, 0x2fffff, kof2003_16_r);

install_mem_write16_handler (0, 0x2fe000, 0x2fffff, kof2003_16_w);

init_neogeo();

}

Edited by james

So the program read and writes the mem handler and then proceeds to initialize the banking methods + the offsets and hex values... (or is it the other way around?) What am I missing here?

Edited by Agozer

I have a control issue with Mame32. I play Kof, the VS series and all sorts of games with my friends at college. For some strange reason I cant get both my controllers to play in mame32 with KOF2k3. I have a Belkin Nostromo (the one that looks like a ps2 pad, you can find it on Liksang.com) and a Saitek P880 with the six button set up and dual analog sticks. I dont know what to do since I have never had this problem with any of my emulators cept for godforsaken MAME. Why!? Oh Why does MAME hate me so!? :D

I just tried my PS2(the sony controllers) with my adapters that I had also gotten from Liksang.com and they work with all my emulators and games cept for flippin Mame. Whoever built Mame to be unresponsive with multiple controllers is flippin lame I tell you. LAME!!

I just started trying to play multiplayer in MAME and it's also my first time using mame so I figure Im just MAME illiterate. Everything else is so goddamn easy to figure out any way. As James said "It's so easy to use my 5yr old niece could use it." or something of that nature. Damn babies and thier super intelligence.

Edited by Lucian