King Of Fighters 2003 (kof2003.zip) News III

James

If you're using the boss bios make sure you're in console mode, like european v2. Kusanagi, Adel, Mukai, Chizuru, Maki, and a random select box should be under K's team. If that doesn't work re-dl it here or here.

Or you can use the mame cheats by copying and pasting it into a notepad and saving it as cheat.dat in the mame folder. press tab while playing to enable cheats.

:kof2003:0:107040:21:000: P1 Kusanagi

:kof2003:0:107040:22:000: P1 Adel

:kof2003:0:107040:23:000: P1 Mukai

:kof2003:0:107040:24:000: P1 Chizuru

:kof2003:0:107040:25:000: P1 Maki

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyonen is actually pursuing the reformation of the p1/p2 here is a tad more information from NeoGhost on another forum.

"Ok guys, i really dont have the time to do this (I REALLY WISH I DID) i did some quick scanning of the P1 and P2 roms and FOR SURE!!! ABSOLUTELY SURE>..........you need to bring up some of the p2 to the beginning of the p1.

i know its not a lot of help, also this portion im talkin about has to do with the portion that is dumped 2 times on the p2. because the instance i searched for showed up 2 times and it was identical.

search this string on the p2 : 454E2D4F4547104F

and youll see what im talkin about.

now open up any other p1 from another game (kof2k2, svc, whatever you want) look for a similar string........this will be in the beginning of the p1 rom.

Also: what does 0x29e bytes translate to in binary?

cuz thats the size of chunk i think needs to be split to."

someone check this page and tell me if this idea its the correct way to get a compatible P with Kawaks????

http://kof2003.web1000.com/other.htm 

do we need a ips file to patch it ????? or not??

how many dam more times are we going to get this link.

it was just posted on the last page (page 48).

no wonders there is to many pages. this very thread alone has so much crap in it. it is beyond the joke

so before you post. please read the thread.

Edited by james

okay.. so maybe it was a bad idea posting that in this thread... sorry.

i think you missed the point. this has allready been posted.

the fact is no one seems to check what was posted before and end up posting the same thing over and over.

Ok sorry my mistake, but you didnt answer that if there is no need of a ips file if we only do the correct combination of the P file?????? well according to the info on that page!!!

so far there is no need for a patch. all is needed is to work out what combination of the spilt files .

once that is done a patch could be made. :blink:

Edited by james

C'mon all u math wiz's!! Figure out this kawaks p1 version thingamajigger kof2003 thing!!! We're counting on someone!! ANYONE!!!

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!!!!!! :blink:

I don't quite get what http://kof2003.web1000.com/other.htm was trying to say. Does he mean to create the p1 by trying all possible combinations of reordering the 1MB chunks from the old p1 and p2, putting the last p2 chunk as the first? eg

p2_3 + p1_1 + p1_2 +... + p2_2 = new_p1

p2_3 + p2_2 + p2_1 +.... p1_1 = new p1

Does this work out to 720 combinations? I think it would be better if we split this combination into something like groups of 5 combinations each and everyone chooses a group and reports his success so we can narrow down the number of incorrect combinations.

Just a suggestion.