King Of Fighters 2003 (kof2003.zip) News III

James

Man... I just hit up some MotW to see how Gato felt originally compared to his KoF version... and MAN did they gimp him so bad! It aggravates me to think they removed some of his best moves n left him with what he has now, and also removing his P-Super qcf, qcf + kick animation. Aw man... they also removed his P-Super qcf, qcf + punch finishing animation... HOW WEAK!!!!

WHY SNK!?!!? WHY DID U LAME A POSSIBLY TOP TIER CHARACTER FROM HIS ORIGINAL GLORY!!!!!!?!!? :blink: *screams*

:D

Edited by nyuuka

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man... I just hit up some MotW to see how Gato felt originally compared to his KoF version... and MAN did they gimp him so bad!  It aggravates me to think they removed some of his best moves n left him with what he has now, and also removing his P-Super qcf, qcf + kick animation.  Aw man... they also removed his P-Super qcf, qcf + punch finishing animation... HOW WEAK!!!!

WHY SNK!?!!?  WHY DID U LAME A POSSIBLY TOP TIER CHARACTER FROM HIS ORIGINAL GLORY!!!!!!?!!? :blink: *screams*

Because MoTw and Kof are two different games...

IF the characters from Motw played the way they do against Kof characters... Kof would loose big time..

Motw moves would be overpowered and too damn flashy =)

They had to tone Gato down so we wouldn't dominate everyone ^^;...

Anyone want to try to help get KOF2K3 in kawaks should consider visiting here

http://kof2003.web1000.com/other.htm

some of the info on how the mame driver should be written is wrong

hmm.... should someone notify him? i dont know squat about mame drivers

the error was on my part it is all correct just for forgot the driver for mame32k needs an extra part

Edited by james

Man... I just hit up some MotW to see how Gato felt originally compared to his KoF version... and MAN did they gimp him so bad!  It aggravates me to think they removed some of his best moves n left him with what he has now, and also removing his P-Super qcf, qcf + kick animation.  Aw man... they also removed his P-Super qcf, qcf + punch finishing animation... HOW WEAK!!!!

WHY SNK!?!!?  WHY DID U LAME A POSSIBLY TOP TIER CHARACTER FROM HIS ORIGINAL GLORY!!!!!!?!!? :blink: *screams*

Because MoTw and Kof are two different games...

IF the characters from Motw played the way they do against Kof characters... Kof would loose big time..

Motw moves would be overpowered and too damn flashy =)

They had to tone Gato down so we wouldn't dominate everyone ^^;...

Dood... i'm talking about his moves. Terry plays nearly exactly the same as he did in MotW, besides the physics of both games differing, which is obvious. Terry has all his moves from MotW, y shouldn't Gato?

If you're using Kawaks, I don't know how to get it to show up, believe me I've tried.

I use Nebula 2.23d with loader, and in my dats I have one dat for KOF2003 and one for the kof2003t just like the page said, setting kof2003 as the parent... and it shows up.  The original KOF2003 even shows up on Nebula, but it won't load.  It acts like it's going to then finally performs an error after like 10 seconds.

Hell, the problem is that kof2003 uses different rom banking, so nebula's built in coding that makes drivers out of your dat files won't work on it.  If Nebula was open source I could flocking fix it with little trouble... arg.  Stupid El Semi :D.  The same goes for Kawaks, it's not open source either, but they were both compiled with C/C++

FBA is open source. wanna try converting the MAME code to FBA ones?

I wouldn't be converting anything... but I'm but I am 90% sure that the reason kof2003 won't work on other emus is because it uses different rom banking. The rom banking is part of the driver. All emus use drivers, but the newer ones allow you to add in new dats, and they are coded to use this information in drivers. If you've ever seen a driver, it contains all the info a dat file does, but there is extra stuff, mostly programming.

If I could get ahold of the source code to Nebula or Kawaks, I could add in a separate internal driver for kof2003. I would have to add a separate one... if I modified the existing one, it would be almost guaranteed to work, but instead of kof2003 being the only game that wouldn't work, it would then be the only one that would. I'm pretty sure that adding a seperate internal driver, either just like you would in mame, or coding it to take its crc's etc from Nebula\kof2003romdata\*.dat would work; I'm pretty sure that the original code makes it create drivers, taking it's crc's and such from Nebula\romdata\*.dat.

yes i know about the banking thing, im just a greedy FBAer :blink:

FBA would be on the same status as MAME if only more people can work with it (obviously not). so far the only banking driver i found that was said to work with FBA was for CTHD2003.

"I had to dump it with winhex, RAM Cheat sucked so bad, worthless.

Game Trainer can't make dumps in 2k3.

I got a big freaking dump of allmost 160Megs lol.

I don't use upx and my exe is defently not that big.

I found some wierd stuff in there, ie p1 lol.

That's wierd because that rom load does'nt load that p1.(Does it?)

I found it in there too.

Though apperently mame is intersected inbetween the rom banks, yikes.

I saw my cheat dat in the rom area, stuff like that.

It's all there though, probably decrypted.

Why, because I'm pretty sure it does'nt load the 5-8th parts of the p2 rom.

(Actually now that I think about it, I need to comfirm that the p1? does'nt load)

I need to re-think my order, comfirm the whole thing from this dump.

Then I geuss check the part of memory that the init wrote over."

Does that help anyone? It SOUNDED like helpful information, lol. if anything else comes up i'll let you guys know.

Edited by alphabetman