King Of Fighters 2003 (kof2003.zip) News III

James

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if their are cheats out yet. I can't beat the game with the Korea team. I beat it with Garou, Benimaru, The Guardian or whatever it's called, and Hero. But I can't beat the damn game with the Korea team!

I can beat the game with Korea team with difficulty 8 (expert mode). I just beat the game today. :P

Use good use of Chang, he is really good if you can use him well. A good move with him: Keep pressing A, he will rapidly attack a person with his hand then suddenly he will spin the iron ball.

Any questions about Korea team, ask. I always use Korea team. :P

Edited by Genesis

imo, kof 2003 is a pretty good game, and would probably be my favourite neo geo rom is the graphics were better. they should of used the graphic style of garou (bigger character sprites, fluid animation etc..).

the gameplay changes like the tag system is pretty good though :P

cosmic_lord: how did you get it to load at all? i've been using the loader from epic-center and dat editing doesn't do anything. i'd like to spend a few minutes tinkering with it... but the rom won't show on the load dialog. suggestions?

you're right. the website says that you'd have 6 pieces to play with, after chucking one redundant piece and putting p2_4 as the header. that's 6! (6*5*4*3*2*1) = 720 distinct combinations. it's also possible that they split the rom into smaller sizes. if they split at 500k, you would have 16 pieces. throw two redundant pieces away and make the other two the header, you're left with 12 pieces to work with. 12! = 4.79x10^8 permutations. (someone check my math) man, i'm not gonna sit here and try to piece the roms together half a billion times. hmm... 17 minutes load time x half a billion... :P

but if the author of the mame rom can make it work (with it all cut up like that), maybe exact order is not an issue. i'm sure modern computers are capable of calculating all those permutations... only if the process is automated. anybody have a beowulf cluster running? :P

i'm not familiar with the innerworkings of the neogeo roms... so the only thing i can do is be patient. *sigh*

If you're using Kawaks, I don't know how to get it to show up, believe me I've tried.

I use Nebula 2.23d with loader, and in my dats I have one dat for KOF2003 and one for the kof2003t just like the page said, setting kof2003 as the parent... and it shows up. The original KOF2003 even shows up on Nebula, but it won't load. It acts like it's going to then finally performs an error after like 10 seconds.

Hell, the problem is that kof2003 uses different rom banking, so nebula's built in coding that makes drivers out of your dat files won't work on it. If Nebula was open source I could flocking fix it with little trouble... arg. Stupid El Semi :P. The same goes for Kawaks, it's not open source either, but they were both compiled with C/C++

If you're using Kawaks, I don't know how to get it to show up, believe me I've tried.

I use Nebula 2.23d with loader, and in my dats I have one dat for KOF2003 and one for the kof2003t just like the page said, setting kof2003 as the parent... and it shows up.  The original KOF2003 even shows up on Nebula, but it won't load.  It acts like it's going to then finally performs an error after like 10 seconds.

Hell, the problem is that kof2003 uses different rom banking, so nebula's built in coding that makes drivers out of your dat files won't work on it.  If Nebula was open source I could flocking fix it with little trouble... arg.  Stupid El Semi :P.  The same goes for Kawaks, it's not open source either, but they were both compiled with C/C++

FBA is open source. wanna try converting the MAME code to FBA ones?

I use Nebula 2.23d with loader, and in my dats I have one dat for KOF2003 and one for the kof2003t just like the page said, setting kof2003 as the parent... and it shows up.  The original KOF2003 even shows up on Nebula, but it won't load.  It acts like it's going to then finally performs an error after like 10 seconds.

Hell, the problem is that kof2003 uses different rom banking, so nebula's built in coding that makes drivers out of your dat files won't work on it.  If Nebula was open source I could flocking fix it with little trouble... arg.  Stupid El Semi :P.  The same goes for Kawaks, it's not open source either, but they were both compiled with C/C++

does this mean his theory won't work?? :P

FBA is open source. wanna try converting the MAME code to FBA ones?

I wouldn't be converting anything... but I'm but I am 90% sure that the reason kof2003 won't work on other emus is because it uses different rom banking. The rom banking is part of the driver. All emus use drivers, but the newer ones allow you to add in new dats, and they are coded to use this information in drivers. If you've ever seen a driver, it contains all the info a dat file does, but there is extra stuff, mostly programming.

If I could get ahold of the source code to Nebula or Kawaks, I could add in a separate internal driver for kof2003. I would have to add a separate one... if I modified the existing one, it would be almost guaranteed to work, but instead of kof2003 being the only game that wouldn't work, it would then be the only one that would. I'm pretty sure that adding a seperate internal driver, either just like you would in mame, or coding it to take its crc's etc from Nebula\kof2003romdata\*.dat would work; I'm pretty sure that the original code makes it create drivers, taking it's crc's and such from Nebula\romdata\*.dat.