King Of Fighters 2003 (kof2003.zip) News III

James

Valve and ID softeware claim that you can run thier game on crappy computers so long as you have a 64 meg or higher video card. Can we say bullshit. My friend has that Doom 3 alpha leak and it barely ran on his computer until he figured out how to tweak the settings (All the options have to be tweaked in the console)

He was running it at the lowest possible visual settings on a

p4 1.8ghz

512 megs ddr ram

64 meg gforce 4 mx (and whatever other funky letters and numbers VC manurfacturers label thier products nowadays.)

and some other crap I dont want to bother mentioning.

basically he was getting about 30 fps by making the game look like it belonged on the PS1.

Im no expert on this subject but this is basically what I recommend you have minimally for both HL2 and DOOM 3:

P4 2.6ghz

512 megs DDR Ram (768 or 1 gig recommended)

4x agp 128 meg Radeon 9500 and up or equivalent (8x agp 256 meg Radeon XT or 9800 pro recommended)

16x dvd rom or dvdr or whatever your little heart desires

Any high quality sound blaster card

Win XP home or Professional with sp1

DX 9.0b or higher

High quality keyboard and optical mouse ( dont like dirty mouse balls ;) )

and whatever else you believe you need to support your gaming addiction

Anyways I had the future in mind and maxed out all my specs short of the processor (2.66 p4 with HT) because with the proper amount of ram and the right video card you should be playing those two games fine so long as your processor is in the 2.0ghz to 3.0ghz range. If you arent computer savvy and you decide to call dell you suck because any system with badass spec shouldnt cost you a fortune. My comp only cost be 800 bucks. The rest was spent on monitors and printers and such. but im sure if you get the same thing brandname like alienware or voodoo or falcon they are gonna rape you ten times in the but with excessively large foreign objects and steal your tvset. So stay away from the brand names and build your own computer,or buy the parts and have someone else build it if you dont know how to yourself.

Edited by Lucian

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update i have now updated my mame compile thanks to Andrew at Arcade@home

now supports King of fighters 2003

http://members.westnet.com.au/the%2Dkula/mame.html

please note for some reason it wont work with the uni-bios so that means no console mode

the uni-bios works the problem is you cannot see it  ;)

Uni-BIO Does IT Effect The Spites,cause I Seen Shingo using No Fire Or Am I Worng Shingo Does Not Hav A SP.Ebility To Make Fire(Not A Gr8 Fans Of Shingo)

Shingo uses the same style as Kyo, but he doesn't have fire.

Kawaks user here trying to get used to MAME32 Plus so I can play KOF2003. So I have a few questions:

1. Whenever I load a saved state in the middle of a fight, the health bar stays the way it was right before I saved. So if I save at the start of the fight, and I lose, if I try to load state back to where I was, the state will load as if the fight started with zero health left. Sometimes it gets to a point where everyone's health is at zero to start, and the match comes down to a series of one hit defeats and matches end within four or five seconds! Is there a way to fix this?

2. I pressed TAB and I figured out how to change my controls, and I set my P1 Custom Buttons, but when I go into the Custom Button menu, all I see is a list that goes

P1 Custom 1

P1 Custom 2

... (and so on, down to...)

P2 Custom 3

P2 Custom 4

I keep pressing buttons but I can't figure out how to set what the Custom buttons are. I've got a controller that is designed to be like a PlayStation controller, so I'd like to be able to set my custom buttons so I can switch characters on the fly (i.e. set BC to R1 and CD to R2) like in Kawaks. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Hack the P Rom!

Edited by FalseProphet

Hey James, Does your Mame32 compile work with kaillera? I just invited two KOF friends over to my house yesterday and we played so much KOF2k3... heh. I need to play this online. I've read up on mame32plus that they don't support kaillera, just wondering if there is any mame emulator that supports kaillera and kof2k3. Thanks.

Valve and ID softeware claim that you can run thier game on crappy computers so long as you have a 64 meg or higher video card.  Can we say bullshit.  My friend has that Doom 3 alpha leak and it barely ran on his computer until he figured out how to tweak the settings (All the options have to be tweaked in the console)

p4 1.8ghz

512 megs ddr ram

64 meg gforce 4 mx (and whatever other funky letters and numbers VC manurfacturers label thier products nowadays.)

basically he was getting about 30 fps by making the game look like it belonged on the PS1.

Im no expert on this subject but this is basically what I recommend you have minimally for both HL2 and DOOM 3:

P4 2.6ghz

4x agp 128 meg Radeon 9500 and up or equivalent (8x agp 256 meg Radeon XT or 9800 pro recommended)

DX 9.0b or higher

High quality keyboard and optical mouse ( dont like dirty mouse balls  ;) )

Anyways I had the future in mind and maxed out all my specs short of the processor (2.66 p4 with HT) because with the proper amount of ram and the right video card you should be playing those two games fine so long as your processor is in the 2.0ghz to 3.0ghz range.  If you arent computer savvy and you decide to call dell you suck because any system with badass spec shouldnt cost you a fortune.  My comp only cost be 800 bucks.  The rest was spent on monitors and printers and such.  but im sure if you get the same thing brandname like alienware or voodoo or falcon they are gonna rape you ten times in the but with excessively large foreign objects and steal your tvset.   So stay away from the brand names and build your own computer,or buy the parts and have someone else build it if you dont know how to yourself.

Hmmm, what is an alpha build anyways.... I can tell you one thing, it was never designed to run on a traditional PC, thats for sure. Doom III and Half-Life 2 will run perfectly fine on 64 and up cards. But of course you will suffer greatly graphics wise. I hate it when people rip things from companies and complain when it doesnt work. Now stick to King of Fighters 2003 please.

I recently read a wonderful article at SNK-Capcom that of course mentions news of the Atomiswave version of KOF and a lot of SNK related news. 2K3 is thrown in there of course. check it out!^^

Direct Link: Click Me Baby!

Edited by Gouken

Hey James, Does your Mame32 compile work with kaillera? I just invited two KOF friends over to my house yesterday and we played so much KOF2k3... heh. I need to play this online. I've read up on mame32plus that they don't support kaillera, just wondering if there is any mame emulator that supports kaillera and kof2k3. Thanks.

no sorry i would have to use an outdated emulator to do that . i am in the hope that someone who knows about it will help me compile this into mame 79 ;)

Valve and ID softeware claim that you can run thier game on crappy computers so long as you have a 64 meg or higher video card.  Can we say bullshit.  My friend has that Doom 3 alpha leak and it barely ran on his computer until he figured out how to tweak the settings (All the options have to be tweaked in the console)

p4 1.8ghz

512 megs ddr ram

P4 2.6ghz

DX 9.0b or higher

High quality keyboard and optical mouse ( dont like dirty mouse balls  ;) )

Anyways I had the future in mind and maxed out all my specs short of the processor (2.66 p4 with HT) because with the proper amount of ram and the right video card you should be playing those two games fine so long as your processor is in the 2.0ghz to 3.0ghz range.  If you arent computer savvy and you decide to call dell you suck because any system with badass spec shouldnt cost you a fortune.  My comp only cost be 800 bucks.  The rest was spent on monitors and printers and such.  but im sure if you get the same thing brandname like alienware or voodoo or falcon they are gonna rape you ten times in the but with excessively large foreign objects and steal your tvset.  So stay away from the brand names and build your own computer,or buy the parts and have someone else build it if you dont know how to yourself.

please keep to the topic of this thread anymore offtopic posts will be deleted .

Update i have now updated my mame compile thanks to Andrew at Arcade@home

now supports King of fighters 2003

http://members.westnet.com.au/the%2Dkula/mame.html

please note for some reason it wont work with the uni-bios so that means no console mode

the uni-bios works the problem is you cannot see it  ;)

Uni-BIO Does IT Effect The Spites,cause I Seen Shingo using No Fire Or Am I Worng Shingo Does Not Hav A SP.Ebility To Make Fire(Not A Gr8 Fans Of Shingo)

you are not able to use the uni-bios unless you can see how to set it up. there seems to be a small problem with the driver and loading the uni-bios.however the other MVS bios's works fine,

Edited by james