King Of Fighters 2003 (kof2003.zip) News III

James

Reading through all this, why do many of you want the game on Nebula or Kawaks? Is it due to graphics only? Mame is capable of doing graphic improvements too.

(Go to the properties of the rom and select the advance tab. Tick the "use directdraw" and then from the bottom right, select the image enhancement. Kreed 2XSal.)

Apart from that, it is fine on mame with me.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for a change people, get your comps upgraded. If you're planning to play all them Next-Generations Games like Half-Life 2, and Doom 3, and with the slight possiblity of Halo 2 PC. That lame Radeon 8500 won't do you any good anymore. Unless you like playing at everything off, and lowest resolution.

mame -------> way to slow in old pc's, p4 recommendable. :)

Indeed, and a "recommending a P4" is just nasty.

Sure, everyone has lots and lots of cash handy just to upgrade their computer... :lol:

well buy an old P4 then.The P4 is old now.

here is a tip build your own Computer Save lots of money.

Update i have now updated my mame compile thanks to Andrew at Arcade@home

now supports King of fighters 2003

http://members.westnet.com.au/the%2Dkula/mame.html

please note for some reason it wont work with the uni-bios so that means no console mode

the uni-bios works the problem is you cannot see it :)

Edited by james

you will not be able to play KOF2k3 on MacMAME because KOF2k3 uses a special banking technique that only the emu that came with the ROM can play it (just like Metal Slug 5 did). it is currently being figured out as i type this but more than likely it would only benefit Windows MAME users.

rom renaming more than likely wont cut it.

i am not sure about this. once the correct driver is worked out.those who compile MACmame should be able to ge it to run. maybe with some changes.

youre right, MAME code is portable. however, im trying to show him what he can expect later. judging by his post, you can clearly say he cant compile for his own (rom renaming?) and since majority here uses any Win32 MAME (Windows in itself actually), thats how i got the conclusion that only Windows users may get to enjoy the game in MAME.

you will not be able to play KOF2k3 on MacMAME because KOF2k3 uses a special banking technique that only the emu that came with the ROM can play it (just like Metal Slug 5 did). it is currently being figured out as i type this but more than likely it would only benefit Windows MAME users.

rom renaming more than likely wont cut it.

i am not sure about this. once the correct driver is worked out.those who compile MACmame should be able to ge it to run. maybe with some changes.

youre right, MAME code is portable. however, im trying to show him what he can expect later. judging by his post, you can clearly say he cant compile for his own (rom renaming?) and since majority here uses any Win32 MAME (Windows in itself actually), thats how i got the conclusion that only Windows users may get to enjoy the game in MAME.

Yes i get it. then he has to find someone who can compile MACmame for him ;)

Update i have now updated my mame compile thanks to Andrew at Arcade@home

now supports King of fighters 2003

http://members.westnet.com.au/the%2Dkula/mame.html

please note for some reason it wont work with the uni-bios so that means no console mode

the uni-bios works the problem is you cannot see it  ;)

Uni-BIO Does IT Effect The Spites,cause I Seen Shingo using No Fire Or Am I Worng Shingo Does Not Hav A SP.Ebility To Make Fire(Not A Gr8 Fans Of Shingo)