alright it's been a few days

thus far... mame release only...

mukai's sprite is cheaply animated...

um, anything else i missed? lol

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dam... I just wanna play this on Nebula. This game is so pixelly on Mame. :ph34r:

why whats up with your video card go buy a better one.....

Precisely. My MAME KOF2K3 looks clean as a whistle. :D

Question about the graphics options though. Does enabling D3D do anything?

And also another question. When I play in windowed mode, if I strecth the window too big, the game window turns white. Is there a remedy for it?

dam... I just wanna play this on Nebula. This game is so pixelly on Mame. :ph34r:

why whats up with your video card go buy a better one.....

Get an 8x AGP 128meg ATI Radeon 9800 pro. You can probably buy it in some side street computer outlet for about $100 now ( :D hehe) It's cost effective and with it's new pipeline architechture, self overclocking vpu (really cool, it overclocks its self to the max but when it starts to over heat it lowers its processor speed to cool itself down for a bit. Saves you the hassle of doing it manually) 350mhz ddr ram and all other kinds of cool crap. That and when you buy any radeon card (9800 and above I think) you get half life 2 for free when it comes out (Another yay for me.) I used to be a gforce fan, dont get your hopes up because even the 128 meg radeon performed admirably against nvidias 256 meg monsters. Its just a better card for your money, besides a lot of new games are going to be based on ati's hardware.

I dont know why but d3d looks all nasty in mame32 on my laptop.

Edited by Lucian

Get an 8x AGP 128meg ATI Radeon 9800 pro. You can probably buy it in some side street computer outlet for about $100 now ( :D hehe)

What?! 100 bucks! Since when? That's flocking awesome! I have a 9700 pro so I'm not interested in buying one for myself but damn that's a good deal.

Question about the graphics options though. Does enabling D3D do anything?

And also another question. When I play in windowed mode, if I strecth the window too big, the game window turns white. Is there a remedy for it?

Direct3D will enable the use of visual effects. Such as SuperEagle or anti-aliasing, scanlines, etc. And you should only play in a window if you're using common scales, like 1x or 2x. Otherwise you should be playing in fullscreen as resizing the window just screws up the scaling. I'd set MAME to use locked aspect ratios, no resizing, and just use the zoom multiplier or run in fullscreen.

dam... I just wanna play this on Nebula. This game is so pixelly on Mame. :D

50% Scanlines are required to play the game in fullscreen and lose the blocky look. These games were designed with an lower resolution television monitor in mind, not a PC monitor. That's why the game may look blocky or overly pixellated.

It's a 2D raster game. Pixellation is unavoidable. The anti-aliasing effects add way too much CPU cycles and will slow down gameplay (ie: tons of dropped frames) much more than simply enabling 50% scanlines. 50% scanlines is your friend. Use it.

Edited by Carnicero

I've played and do have every KOF that has come out already, including 2k3, and I was wondering if some of you die-hard KOF people could help me out. I was just wondering, why does everybody go bezerk when a new KOF is rumored to be coming out, and then when it does get released, everybody has like orgasms playing it? Am I the only one that seems to think aside from the backgrounds, and maybe the music, that 03' is just the same as 94'? I mean, the characters pretty much are all the same, same clothes, same moves,etc. Another thing, what's with the moves anyways? Did the developers just feel like making them very hard to pick up on without reading some sort of move guide or something? It's not like Samurai Shodown or even Fatal Fury where if you just play for a little bit, do some button mashing if you don't know the moves, then you can pretty much do trial and error. In this series, you try that, and nothing happens, just punch, kick, punch, punch, kick, kick. I shouldn't knock it too much, there are some neat moves, but nothing really FLASHY! Is it too much to ask to atleast create some new fighters? Does it always have to be like Art of Fighting, and other nobodies that only people that play those games are interested in, over and over? Granted, the Fatal Fury team doesn't count because their series kicks! I don't know, maybe I'm over-analysing this game. What do you guys think? :D