King Of Fighters 2003 (kof2003.zip) News III

James

What's the matter with today's kids? Learning to use DOS/Command Prompt is a privilege, it shouldn't become a handicap. :ph34r:

Try it like this:

cd name of folder/whatever directory holds the Mame32 directory [enter]

cd mame32 [enter]

Edited by Agozer

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain, I think you might have it backwards...the slash that is.

Try it with a \ slash. Otherwise DOS/CMD might think you are trying to load a parameter. What version of Windows are you using? I think newer versions are more forgiving with the slashes.

EDIT: My mistake, I've got the wrong slash in my example. Should be "cd pathTo\MAME32"

Edited by Carnicero

Ok, corrected the slash error and....man, it seemed so close. Carnicero, I got up to step 4 in your instructions (typed in "mamep kof2003"), and it looked like the thing was about to load or something, then I got that error message I posted about. You know: "Error while loading DLL 'unicows.dll'! The application will terminate now."

Roadblocks every step of the way... I think I'll just try later (meaning probably sometime tomorrow).

Captain, you should be fine now that you can work with the command line. The unicows.dll is normally not needed for the real MAME, but unfortunately is for that build.

You can try getting a version of unicows.dll here and see if it works better. I think the file goes in your c:\windows\system (or system32 for Windows XP) folder.

It runs fine with me without the unicows.dll. I did a search and the file is not even on my computer. Another reason why I think this MAME build sucks. That's why I'm seeking out the proper driver_init, so I can get the game running in my own MAME build.

basically so far this game is on mame only. Kawaks, i think we jus gotta wait patiently. the only option we got is to download the mame version ((which works perfectly fine for me so far, tho i want kawaks too (^_-) )) or wait for kawaks or whatever emulator is out there. read the thread for those who has questions, trust me, we all needed help.READ THE THREAD, its helps :ph34r: otherwise, keep posting, game on!, and hopefully u'll get the game goin, bc u NEED TO PLAY THIS AWESOME GAME!!