King Of Fighters 2003 (kof2003.zip) News III

James

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's weird though, because I checked all the CRC's in the zip file, and they match the dat info given earlier by legztec, so it doesn't make sense. Anybody know who to exactly "hack" kawaks?

Get the source code first and ask again. I would still say no, though.

IM running KOF2k3 on my laptop right now:

HP Pavilion

2.66 P4

512 Megs ddr ram @ 300mhz

128meg ATI Radeon IGP 345m

And it runs without any frame loss unless I put the detail setting on thier highest levels at 1024x768 fullscreen. I have yet to use it on my desktop which thunderinparadise found out was bad ass for the crap I have in it. Basically it doesnt matter what your processor speed is as long as it's above 500mhz. You just need 512 megs or more of ram to run it fine at the lower detail settings Because Mame (any version) and Kawaks are both Crazy resource hogs. You also might want to shut down any and all background programs before running the game. Just type "msconfig" (without the apostrophies of course) in run and from there you can shut down any programs and system operations that take up system resources. Be careful though, when I was first learning how to mess around with it I completely shut off all of my Wireless capabilities and couldnt figure out what I had done for a week (stupid me B)) So try that, I highly doubt its cause your card sucks because youre all set video card wise for the next 2 years. But why the hell wouldnt you upgrade your processor and ram. Even with that card you wont be able to run the newer games like Half Life 2 and Doom 3 at all. Switch your equipment with your sisters but keep your radeon and you should be all set.

I've tried this on 2 systems:

My main/my PC:

1.3 Ghz p4

384 RDRAM

ATi Radeon 9800 Pro 256RAM

: Result : Slow, some-what playable, controls are barely reponsive.

and my Sister's computer:

2.8 Ghz p4 w/HT

512 DDRRAM

GeForce4 MX440 64RAM

: Result : Just like at the arcade, controls are responsive.

I was doing a comparison. This might or might not apply to all, but it seems that if you have a PC with at least 1.8 or higher CPU, you shouldn

t get any slowdowns. Unless you need more RAM. Because I see that on my main computer Mame is a resource whore, and on my sister's its brealy there. CPU could be the problem. Unless I'm completely wrong and stupid.[

:(

It's weird though, because I checked all the CRC's in the zip file, and they match the dat info given earlier by legztec, so it doesn't make sense. Anybody know who to exactly "hack" kawaks?

it does not work on Kawaks yet it will not load as allways kawaks Nebula FBA NeorageX will need patched (hacked ) p roms

ya how do you get the select button to work. I hate restarting the game everytime I want to switch modes.

just press enter when they tell u to push "select" B) oh yea anyone have a command list for it the one that was posted here is messed up i cant make out the commands

Edited by Master

neogeo.zip

same as above, hosted on my server.

Right Click -> Save Target As...

EDIT: just palce in the /roms folder, it will be fine once there. The game is already in CONSOLE mode. No need to change anything.

Edited by K`dash