The king of fighters 2003!11!

emsley

I've been reading that teams have thier own endings but you have to meet requirements to get them so far it seems you have to beat the kyo clone dude with a dm or sdm.

thats waht every one is saying on various boards. I haven't tried it yet cuz I'm still waiting to get it running on my x-box

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kof 2003 seems to be a really great game. I like the new smoother animations and changes they created for this game. However, I still believe kof2002 is still the best kof there is. Any kof veteran who has seen experts of this game take the gameplay to a whole new level. I was dissappointed about how kof2003 doesn't have a heavy attack command, this was the foundation of many combos for 2k2. I understand that its a new system and you have to replace the old 2k2 combos for the team combos in 2k3.

In addition, many of the characters have been GREATLY nerfed from the powerful versions in 2k2 (eg. Iori, Kyo). In 2k2, its easy to achieve 10+ hit combos without the use of DM's. In 2k3, you have to use the team strategy to get those numbers where as you can do them in 2k2 without a team.

Oh yeah, is it just me...or does Billy now have a girl's voice? Oh yeah, Terry blows compared to his Garou Sprite.

Hmmm a luke warm reception.

what did you expect? anytime something deviates from the norm, people get pissy and and start talking about "this one was better than this one..." or "the old ones were better". of course, if they make the same game over and over, people complain about THAT too. its a lose-lose situation.

i, on the other hand, LOVE this game. tag matches are just what kof needed. its my new favorite neogeo game.

Well if you enjoy changes where boys look like girls and proper voice acting gets replaced with a male voice actor who hasn't gone through puberty yet, well i can see why you LOVE it so much. And its nothing to get mad about either, combos that make the game fun are taking out...but, who cares about that.

Edited by NeoMaster

I liked it very much.  But SNK is STILL doing that "everybody gets the same ending" thing.  GODAMMIT! I want to see different TEAM endings again.  I mean, it's ONE of the main reasons I PLAY kof.  It's just not right man...

:angry:

I thought they did have indivual team endings. You have to beat Kusanagi with an SM or LDM and then fight Chizuru, Maki, and that rock thing.

When I saw pics of Terry from Garou I thought to myself "HOLY CRAP! KOF2003 is going to be using the Garou animation method!" That was my immediate impression, but obviously I was wrong.

Oh well, I can still dream can't I?

Yeah, Garou Terry sucks in KOF2003. He doesn't have nearly as much animations as he did in Garou, plus he's drawn incorrectly. When he has his coat on he looks sorta skinny, then when he takes it off he looks very muscular. His muscle tone isn't show at all through his coat.

When I saw pics of Terry from Garou I thought to myself "HOLY CRAP!  KOF2003 is going to be using the Garou animation method!"  That was my immediate impression, but obviously I was wrong.

Oh well, I can still dream can't I?

Yeah, Garou Terry sucks in KOF2003.  He doesn't have nearly as much animations as he did in Garou, plus he's drawn incorrectly.  When he has his coat on he looks sorta skinny, then when he takes it off he looks very muscular.  His muscle tone isn't show at all through his coat.

Finally, someone agrees with me. Somehow they got tizoc's sprite right, but not Terry's.

I liked it very much.  But SNK is STILL doing that "everybody gets the same ending" thing.  GODAMMIT! I want to see different TEAM endings again.  I mean, it's ONE of the main reasons I PLAY kof.  It's just not right man...

:D

I beg to differ

only if ur up for a spoiler, click on the 2k3 endings here

I assure u, some of it will shock you. ESPECIALLY the new "hero" team :ph34r: