stupid question too!

You don't have to rename them at all if you don't want to. Just make sure the filenames have the.rom extension and that they are _xx.rom.

The name before _ can be anything.

i need the correct string before the _ otherwise the game don't show up correctly inside the NGX gamelist!!

or maybe i'm wrong... but why a game that is recognised in NeorageX won't show up correctly then ? To my mind, that's what before the _ that determine if NeorageX will detect the game properly or not.

Edited by zanysmash

possessed Posted on Jan 28 2004, 04:38 PM

that problem has nothing to do with the filename, it's related to p1 rom (if i'm not mistaken) code

Thanks for the info possessed!! :)

You're totally right, I've made a test and what's before the _ does not matter...

The _p1.rom is directly related to the NGX's detection process. :o

So, I guess I don't have the correct _p1.rom for ss5 and kof2002. I need some tips here to find those, please. B)

Thanks as well to Agozer! :( (sorry I did not get it at first).

Edited by zanysmash

possessed   Posted on Jan 28 2004, 04:38 PM

that problem has nothing to do with the filename, it's related to p1 rom (if i'm not mistaken) code

Thanks for the info possessed!! :)

You're totally right, I've made a test and what's before the _ does not matter...

The _p1.rom is directly related to the NGX's detection process. :o

So, I guess I don't have the correct _p1.rom for ss5 and kof2002. I need some tips here to find those, please. B)

Thanks as well to Agozer! :( (sorry I did not get it at first).

It's ok. If a game isn't listed in the gamelist, The P1's internal name *almost always* defines the gamelist name.