Step by Step DC ISO burning !!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, I was so stupid! I didn´t even tried with WinRAR since it didn´t appear the icon when you know what kind of files can be opened...

Thanks man! :(

Please help me.. I've downloaded virtua striker 2.iso but the game don't boot..

requires a boot disk..

I've read that i must modify the ip.bin...i've used ultraiso 7 and extracted it..and modified with a prg IPBIN4WIN..then reinserted into vs2.iso..but don't work..

I've used utopia disk boot Dreamcast CD Loader V1.1 but nothing there is an animal and the screen is blue with the logo of vs2..

Anyone can help me??

Luke

Chankast doesn't work with the boot disc fully yet. My suggestion is to download a self-boot version. But you can wait till Sultan or one of the guys that know how to make a self-boot out of a non self-boot, they'll be able to walk through it. There was actually a topic on that not too long ago in this section so look around and you could find something.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question. I'm downloading something I got off suprnova. It's a 3 game download or something, which has Marvel Vs Capcom2, Capcom vs Snk2, and Street Fighter 3. I was just wondering how i'm supposed to convert it to play on my dreamcast. There are about 25.rar files in the main folder. How am I supposed to know what file to extract and which game is which? Is it always the 1st.rar file or what? And would I need a boot disk to play these burned games? I had Marvel Vs Capcom2, but I lost it and now i'm trying to get it back any way I can.

I have a question. I'm downloading something I got off suprnova. It's a 3 game download or something, which has Marvel Vs Capcom2, Capcom vs Snk2, and Street Fighter 3. I was just wondering how i'm supposed to convert it to play on my dreamcast. There are about 25.rar files in the main folder. How am I supposed to know what file to extract and which game is which? Is it always the 1st.rar file or what? And would I need a boot disk to play these burned games? I had Marvel Vs Capcom2, but I lost it and now i'm trying to get it back any way I can.

Basically, what you download is just a package, nothing different when you look at it as a simple rar. Gryph has given that solution, just have winrar open and have the first file extracted, it will automatically unzip all 3 games, they should appear as.cdi (often), or.nrg and could appear as bin files. Once u got those, you know whats yer next step (since the thread demonstrate the concept of it).

and no, you don't need a bootdisk or any other utilities to get it working, if you read portion of burning introducting, as long as your DC met that requirement, you are able to play them, but of course, the three games you mentioned, I'm confident to know they are all self bootable (there are certain that aren't, but its a rare thought if you ask me), oh and not to mentioned I own all 3 you got ;)

hope that helps.

Ok. So I tried to burn the game on Alcohol 120%. The download succeeded, but when I put the cd into my dreamcast, It read as a music cd or something. There goes another cd wasted. >.<

There must be something I did wrong.. :lol: