Step by Step DC ISO burning !!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it matter what version of the web browser i use to reset my internal memory? Does i burn the web browser like a regualr iso(*.nrg or whatever)? and do i need utopia or something to play import bootlegs or just a gameshark?

doesnt matter what version of the browser you use, or so ive heard, ive only tested 2.0 and 2.6

The format your image is in doesnt matter, once you burn a game its in standard Dreamcast format (well...except for not being on a GD-ROM) thats just the format it was ripped in

If the game isnt self boot you should use DC_HAKKAR if that boot disc doesnt work try Utopia Boot Disc (I use version 1.3) try to avoid getting non self boot games as they are a pain in the ass :D

To boot Imports you have to use DC-IE, its on this forum somewhere and gameshark/action replay works SOMETIMES too but DC-IE works much better, sometimes there are cracks availible for games so imports will work on any dreamcast, try www.dccopyworld.com

i know you can mix these discs around and try and boot imports with Utopia boot disc and stuff but i have the best luck doing it this way

Edit - This is so annoying x_x I've burnt things correctly here but nothing wants to work :P I'm trying to burn Guilty Gear X and it's just not having it, I've burnt it through the discjuggler process and tried it out but it just stays on the dreamcast screen, I also tried burning a bootdisk but that never worked at all.

Edited by snake

Yeah boot disk dont work for me either, what you want to do is try to get auto boot iso or self boot iso(samething) i got GGX off of shreaza and it worked great, make sure you DC was made before november 2000(check on the bottom) well umm..hmm...

burn open it and under file click "burn image" choose the file, then under the setting tabs check the setting and put the speed to the slowest as possible to avoid errors and select "track-at-once" on the 3rd tab setting, then click burn. then check it out one you're dc, for other ututilites and info check here http://www.dcemulation.com/

ok this happend with a DC i had

You need to clean the laser lense, use one of those CD cleaners (the audio CD things with bristles in them) like 50 times then use Q-Tips (those ear cleaning things lol) I had a Dreamcast (Like Dreamcast number 8 i think) and it was SOOOO Dirty (it was from EB games, what do you expect? Go to Gamestop damn you) I had to do this as well as use my cleaning guide

Also you may have to realign your GD-ROM drive (not as a pain in the ass as it sounds, its really easy)