Step by Step DC ISO burning !!

Mee the qualification before burning an ISO-

1. Burning options may be different varies its nero version..so the update version might work..I use nero ver Nero 5.5.8.0.

2. ISO should work according to the model: DC manufactured BEFORE november 2000.

The following program you need is " WinRAR (extraction program) and the burning software "Nero Burning". '

Most ISO you download will mainly on ".rar format" (but if ISO is on ".cdi" format then i will give you a converter)

First of all, unpack the ISO using WinRAR, once its extracted, you will get a bigger file with the format ".nrg "(aka image file).

Once you did that !! Click the image(.nrg), it should direct you to the burning process option or you could just open nero..File..."burn image". Now after your on the Burning option menu..

A option screen comes up with 3 tabs:

-The first tab shows the tracks (usually 2 tracks, 1 mb audio track and an iso9660 Mode2/XA track).

-The second tab (Misc), nothing display whem i view it.

-The third tab (Burn) shows a couple of actions (leave them all checked).

Go to " tap " 3 and you should see the option " Write Speed ", now you can set the amount of speed you like, but i recommend " 4" for safety (most ISO can be burned at a maximum amount of speed but not oftenly accurate). Once you done that..

The option Write method must "Disc-At-Once" (other options may or may not..but is best if you follow what i told !! )..

Now you can chose the amount of copies you would like to burn;) (small suggestion..burn extra for a friend or secondary backup but its unneccessary )

Then click " BURN ":D once

Once the burning is complete " WHA LA !! " instint DC games:D

and.............................enjoy :) ~

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff Magnis. I was going to post this but you saved me the job :)

To add to that, sometimes your images will come in the.cdi format, which are to be used with Discjuggler. You can get it at www.padus.com

Open DiscJuggler, click file, then new. Select Burn CD and DVD images. Where it says source, select the.cdi file you want to burn and load it up. Click the advanced tab and set the following options:

Mode: Mode 1/DVD

Block: 2352

Offset: 0 bytes

TOC: CD-DA

Everything else should be left as it is. After that, simply select the burning speed (slow is better because there is much less chance of error) and burn!.

Personally I prefer using Nero like Magnis posted. If you want to convert your discjuggler.cdi images to Nero.nrg images, then use a great little program called Cdi2nero which you can get at http://cdirip.freeyellow.com/down_cdi.html. Then you should just follow the rest of Magnis' tutorial above.

Score, I was wondering exactly how to do it. Do you need a boot disk to run the burnt games? Or what, what are my options :). Also if you guys know any links for dc isos i'd like some of them too (lookin for any capcom vs game) TY!

Score, I was wondering exactly how to do it.  Do you need a boot disk to run the burnt games?  Or what, what are my options :).  Also if you guys know any links for dc isos i'd like some of them too (lookin for any capcom vs game) TY!

Well all the US games that are converted to ISO does not require a bootdisc thus they are bootable after its burned !! IF you were to burn import ISO such as " GodZilla Generation " then you needed it !! btw: if you need the bootdisc(the same way you burn done to an ISO > Disc ), just PM me and I send it via Messenger or email perhaps:happy:

can i get your messenger name anyway? :);  always good to make new friends.

Well..You already got your things from me...

if anyone else want it, just drop off a PM via AIM:happy:

• 8 months later...
Quote:  "ISO should work according to the model: DC manufactured BEFORE november 2000."

how do u know your DC manufacture date?

i am about to buy a DC i would like to know!

If you buy a PAL DC then it doesn't matter when it was manufactured as ISOs homebrew etc will all work.

But if you still want to know the manufactured date then it's on a sticker on the bottom of the DC.

• 5 months later...

I have a very bad and annoying problem and really it's a releaf to meet here poeple who knows a lot about the subject.

Well, i have nero6 and everytime ehen i try to burn a nrg image (tried on different game images) iget the error message "unable to write on the right position using this recorder", the recorder i'm using is good and does support all what in need and more, besides, i don't have any problem with burning CDI images using the same recorder.

Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks.