Just think...

Gryph

NeoGeo emulation will be practically dead. Or atleast on life support. No more big games are slated for MVS release. This forum will probably cool down because many people come here to check on the latest game being released. Till NAOMI and/or CPS3 is emulated, emulation is practically going to fade away. So sad :) But I won't abandon this forum.

Now only if a damn arcade opened up with new games, everything will be fine and dandy. Actually I found out my school has an arcade so I went there and they have 2 machines for Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Crisis Zone, among other not as steller games. So all is not lost but I don' think this school will pay for any other arcade machines. According to some people, a long time ago the arcade had Street Fighter III: Double Impact.

Maybe I can try to jack one of the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 machines...heehehe B)

Emulation's not going to fade away just cause there are no new Neo Geo titles coming out. Firstly, there are perfectly-working console emulators for all the classic consoles. Also, Next-Gen emus like Nintendo 64 and Playstation emulators will still be worked on. Finally, there are the next-next-gen consoles being worked on such as dreamcast and ps2 emulators.

Emulation encompasses alot more than just the arcade games.

I know that emulation encompasses everything, I'm not a moron.

I meant to say arcade. Consoles are easier to find, and less expensive while arcades are hard to come by and very damn expensive. I mean, I beat Golden Eye and Perfect Dark already on N64 emulator. 3 years ago. What's wrong with UltraHLE? Bleem! works just fine.

But I did forget about PS2 and Dreamcast...but those won't be emulated for a while. I didn't mean to say it will die, I just meant to say that nothing of huge news or value will be done soon. That's what I'm saying. How soon do you expect a Dreamcast, PS2, GC, NAOMI, CPS3 emulator? Atleast 1.5 years. Between now and then, what else do you forsee happening?

Well, I just downloaded a ZN-1 emulator, which claims to be able to run 25 games. That's an arcade system too, although i don't know if games are still being made for it...

...and if you look around the site you will find that there is actually progress being made on a few emulators - GiriGiri (various versions) is still being worked on, there has been a teaser-release of Dolphin (A GameCube emulator) which can already run "Bust A Move 3000" at full speed (as well as other games not so well), I can't remember the name of it but I was reading about a Dreamcast emulator that was already emulating some games (slowly), even cXbX (I think) could play halo on its first release... I think that there will be plenty of big news on the emulation scene, but final releases of these emulators ARE going to take a while.

Edited by random guy

actually, idk if you guys discussed this in the kof2003 thread, but Razoola(known dumper of cps 1 and 2 games, and master decryptor of cps2 and neogeo) and El Semi(creator of nebula) are making threats towards this release. Razoola stated that 1)no more XOR's will be released and 2)I guess he had been working for a while on this, but in secret, but he said that he will stop his attempt towards cps3 emulation. El Semi just...stated that nebula would not be updated anymore.

sorry if you discussed this before. Anyways, yeah, so...what would you rather choose? One single lil' neogeo rom that will probably suck? or some fun ass cps2 games and some ever so new cps3 games?

actually, idk if you guys discussed this in the kof2003 thread, but Razoola(known dumper of cps 1 and 2 games, and master decryptor of cps2 and neogeo) and El Semi(creator of nebula) are making threats towards this release. Razoola stated that 1)no more XOR's will be released and 2)I guess he had been working for a while on this, but in secret, but he said that he will stop his attempt towards cps3 emulation. El Semi just...stated that nebula would not be updated anymore.

sorry if you discussed this before. Anyways, yeah, so...what would you rather choose? One single lil' neogeo rom that will probably suck? or some fun ass cps2 games and some ever so new cps3 games?

I've heard the same rumor, it was denied somewhere, but I've seen no evidence that Razoola and El Semi intend to stop or that they do not. Is it on one of these guys' website or is it really just a forum thing? And if it is, do we know where the original post is?

Yeah, but if he doesn't do it, someone else will. I see the CPS-3 being emulated fairly soon (by glacial scales anyway) because a) there are already so many successful cps1/2 emulators out there, B) the dreamcast emulators are making progress, and c) everyone is gonna want to be the first person to crack the code. It won't be easy, but it'll happen. I've heard, 1.5, 3, even 10 years as the release of the first fully-supported next-next-gen (?) emulators, but i don't know. Sure, the systems are harder to crack, but at the same time, the people working on it have years of emulator-experience to call-on, ex I'm sure the PS2 has to be easier to write code for because of all the successful ps1 emulators out there.