Question...experts are welcome as always

Juniel

okay okay,

another question people..

What IS a Bittorent?? How does it work, and why is it used?

Who came up with it? and what are the risks or consequences?

What is good about it??

thanks experts!

thx boomba goose

ahhah.....that has a nice ring to it.. :D

say...did you get that boomba from FFVIII??

just askin'

;)

boomBa :

Bomba means "naked".

Kill your Filipino friends.... NOW

Or else I will kill them....... XD  :D;)

Bombastic, really fantastic.....

Edited by Agozer

Ok, I tried using Bit Torrent 3.3 the other day, and I couldn't figure out why everybody talks about this system. I use Kazaa ++ Lite, and I find that works alot better. Sure, Bit has alot of the harder to find stuff, but are transfer rates of only 1 or 2KB/s normal? :angry:

Uh? I usually download at about 30 or 40 KB/s on bittorrent (much much more than on any other P2P programs I've tried)... One thing to keep in mind about bittorrent: your dl speed is proportionnal to your upload speed :lol:

ok, i can get an average of 300k/s on bit-torrent. my record is 399. i know i know, so close to 400. i'll have to work on that.

what you want to do is find a good bit-torrent client. I recommend Azureus. I would also limit the max upload speed to somewhere around 20-30. Remember that it isn't good for the bit-torrent network if u don't seed 100% of the file ur downloading.

Oh, one last thing. If your on a LAN or connect to the internet through a router. You will want to forward the bit-torrent ports to your pc. Azureus will tell u what ports need forwarding, and if they need forwarding at all. Good luck.

I find Kazaa Lite K++ quite handy as well... I haven't downloaded any torrents yet, but Shareaza can handle those as well. It pretty weird that when I downloaded Wild ARMs 3 OST from eDonkey2000 network, I rarely got more than 3,5KB/s.

Normally this would have been something like 1,8KB/s on average.