KOF 2003 On KAWA-X

zuricksaves

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good question is which game can it replace? this sucker is just like kof2k2 but has a 4mb p1 and i know mr. x had a hard time to even get mslug5 perfectly working along with others.

maybe some of ciccor's ideas could be used to get it running on kawa-hex, guess we have to wait till the p1 is out (irc is claiming its coming out in 48 hours).

garageink there are some tuts out for you to use you xbox controller on your pc by making a usb cable for it, might be something to look into but i rather play on a bigger screen :D

Edited by Prican25

Hi there, i am new here. But as i recall there was a problem with rage of the dragon on the new hack xbe, that the health bar etc did not show up, i was wondering if there is a fix yet? and that i was using another xbe with rotd name as s1945pn the game work fine.... so i dunno what is wrong... please send me an update if i have missed it anywhere thanks... btw gl in hacking kof2003

Well, after reading and reading, i finally decided to join this board...haha

here's what i've done so far.

i've figured out that kof2k3 is made up of the same number of files as PIM/KoF98 (big whoop right)

p1 and p2 are both 4 megs

s1 is 128k

m1d is 512k

v's are 4 megs each

c's are 8 megs each

what all does this mean...

the following files fit - p2, s1, all the v roms, and all the c roms.

the following files don't fit - p1 and m1d :D

Now i know some of you are like me and use multiple instances of kawax. I use the original kawax+ and my own custom edited kawaxse for MS5 and SSV. I've noticed that SOMEONE has the knowledge out there to fix this problem or at least pass the info onto those of us who have the know how to edit the xbe. heh.

How could i change the p1 value from 1m to 4m and how could i change the m1d value from 128k to 512k?

someone said something about the m1 roms on other games being bigger than their 'cloned' counterparts? would that mean you could just make an 8m p1 rom and run it over SSV?

thanks in advance.

-jin

Edited by shadowjin

Zulu its already fixed with the new version of the xbes, aim/msn me if you want them or pm me your email.

damn hehe i forgot about how big the m1 was. i'm not sure if thats the true size or not since i never got the encrypted rom yet but that sucker is big lol

some of you pm me with a hotmail email might not get this for odd reasons, i suggest you get aim or find me in msn with the link below me

Edited by Prican25

Prican25: yeah I have heard about the x-box controller mod but I really wanna play laying on my bed with a 27 inch TV not sitting in an office with a 15 inch monitor. heheheheh.

what irc channel was saying the new p would be released in 48 hours?

I don't mess around with irc to much so I dunno the hot spots.

irc.newnet.net #roms

also I read in the pinned topic of kof2k3 in current affairs that Mr. X claims that the m1 rom that came with the mame/rom release is a overdump and that it should be only 128k.

i'm not 100% sure on this but i do remember getting a 128k m1 when the rom was being released in bits and pieces.