Anyone used ZinC before?

Anyone used a ZN-1 emulator before? The zn-1 was the arcade engine which ran arcade games like Tekken 2+3, Street Fighter EX1+2, Rival Schools, etc.. etc... Anyway I remember hearing about it like a month ago and wondering, hmm wonder if that has been emulated? But there were none on Zophars abd one site I came to said "The ZN-1 shouldn't be too hard to emulate..."

So I thought, dang guess it isn't emulated. But just last night I found this program called "Zinc" which is, you guessed it, a ZN-1 emulator! And whats more it seems to work well. I don't know how well it would work on a good computer, but I was getting 30 fps on my 733MHz. That might sound slow (given that the framerate in the options thingy was set to 100), but with frameskip on it seemed to be running at about 75% speed (until something graphically impressive happened of course).

I had to get a zinc emulator GUI frontend as I couldn't make head nor tail the dos commands, so I guess it isn't new, but it was news to me. fyi, Rival Schools is awesome for the ZN1

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D3D renderer, set at 16bit desktop, the texture filter at 6, texture caching at about 2, texture quality at 5, Full Screen at 640x480, and blending at 1.

and frameskip and detection are checked

Check to see if that works for you

I've had Impact (the precursor of ZiNc) for many years now. ZiNc came along a little later (the first official release) and both work without problems. ZiNc 0.9 (or was it 1.0) should be released fairly soon.

Edited by Agozer

It has been, but its 0.9b or something.

Does that mean that the 25 or so games it can play are the only games made for it? (and ps I can get Tekken running at 45fps only for some reason the sound doesn't work)

0.9 is the latest Win32 ZiNc. 0.9a is for Linux only.

The new version will most likely be 1.0 then.

Sure, there are more games, but they are encrypted = Not emulated in ZiNc.

Edited by Agozer

It has been, but its 0.9b or something.

Does that mean that the 25 or so games it can play are the only games made for it? (and ps  I can get Tekken running at 45fps only for some reason the sound doesn't work)

the sound for namco games is not emulated yet. I heard its almost done though