Emulation for and on Dreamcast.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah thats true, but the emulator is hard to find, and you have to go through this whole conversion process with the Roms

By the way, anything worth emuating on the DC (That ive tested, or bothered to post :P ) is linked to on my website

The link is in my Sig

Edited by Shibathedog

• 2 months later...
I read somewhere that you can actually get the dreamcast to run high-meg neogeo games at or near full speeds by getting it to read the audio from the disk instead of loading all of it into the ram. If so, does this mean that svc chaos, & kof2k3 can be run from the dreamcast via mame or any other type of emu?

Oh yeah, people are making a port of neo geo cd to the DC, theres already a version out but it plays some games slow and some with no sound. It's still in working progress but i've got an xbox so i probably wont use my dc for this but it's still very good news.

bleemcast beta disks emulate many games, but generally not that well. There are exceptions though.

As for neogeo games on dc, you can only run very small-sized games. Kof2003 will certainly not run (the dreamcast has very limited ram: 16mb)

bleemcast beta disks emulate many games, but generally not that well.  There are exceptions though.

As for neogeo games on dc, you can only run very small-sized games.  Kof2003 will certainly not run (the dreamcast has very limited ram: 16mb)

Yeah thats if you're using it as an emualtor, what im talking about is a port which means the games isn't loaded into the DC memory but ran off the disc instead.

• 2 months later...
I have a few Dreamcast iso but i have no Dreamcast emulator to play them.. I was wondering what the best emulator that plays most roms?

Chankast is the best emulator as of now.

You can get it from http://www.chanka.org :ph34r:

Be sure to check out Chankast Utilities..

http://chankast.1emulation.com

Thanks. I have that emulator but it hates me because it won't work with me. i downloaded everything and it won't let me load my games in just the bloody bios.