Nintendo DS

What do you think of the new DS?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

actually....

no one can make a portable device like gunpei yoko.

but he's dead.

however flocked up nintendo get (i'm still a fan of theirs but my loyalty is falling under some doubt, i mean i like sony and sega, but i grew up with nintendo!)

but maybe just maybe they're onto something this time... it's a new idea that no one  has basically implemented before so it's very hard to imagine what the outcome will be.. but wasn't it the same with every great videogame idea before?

(platformers, fighting games, survival horror.......etc)

so yeah, time will tell.

whose these gunpei yoko(sounds like Kyo to me :):P )

I like nachos, and...wow...I'm a bit surprised that most others picked nachos as well. :)

Seriously, I haven't been keeping track of the latest news in the gaming world, and I was not aware of a new system for nintendo. But aside from that, over the years -- as much as I hate this -- I've slowly lost respect for nintendo.

The years of Nintendo and Snes were the golden years for them, IMO. From there, I think sony took over with their PSX games. PSX games had a lot more variety, while Nintendo, it seems, more and more, began limiting the types of games they'd release for their systems. It seems increasingly, they are focussing more and more on a very narrowed down select target audience... namely, little children. Most of their game releases would cater/interest more to little elementary school kids -- and perhaps a few hardcore fans -- but aside from this, I'd say not much of Nintendo games nowadays would interest young adults and adults.

Edit: Just thought I'd add, I think the only way this thing will have a chance at success is whether there'd be a wide diversity of games released for the system -- much like the PS2.

Edited by Captain FuKu

actually....

no one can make a portable device like gunpei yoko.

but he's dead.

however flocked up nintendo get (i'm still a fan of theirs but my loyalty is falling under some doubt, i mean i like sony and sega, but i grew up with nintendo!)

but maybe just maybe they're onto something this time... it's a new idea that no one  has basically implemented before so it's very hard to imagine what the outcome will be.. but wasn't it the same with every great videogame idea before?

(platformers, fighting games, survival horror.......etc)

so yeah, time will tell.

whose these gunpei yoko(sounds like Kyo to me :):P )

gunpei yoko is the designer of the Game boy, wonderswan and the ill fated virtual boy.

he died in a car accident a few years ago, and anyone with any knowledge about the videogame industry mourned heavily for the loss of such a capable brain.

Hmm does virtual boy ring a bell?

althogh a great idea it was destened to fail, i dont know maybe the guy who had the idea for the VB had the same idea for the nintendo BS they need to sack the guy.

But we have yet to play it so lets wait and see,

Hmm does virtual boy ring a bell?

althogh a great idea it was destened to fail, i dont know maybe the guy who had the idea for the VB had the same idea for the nintendo BS they need to sack the guy.

But we have yet to play it so lets wait and see,

He's already dead, died in a car accident shortly after he made Wonderswan.

I really hurt my neck playing on a Virtual Boy once. It was at a Service Merchendise a long time ago when they carried electronics and before they went out of business.

Strangely enough I also got really bad neck strain from playing the Virtual Boy.

This is a funny pic guys and basically sums up how stupid this new idea sounds

Edit: NVM it was already posted heh

Edited by DreamCastLover