Sound skipping during games on all emulators, any

Ok, well way back when I first had got NeoRageX the sound was fine, all of a sudden the sound started skipping. I mean the sound play it just keeps going in and out constantly. This happens in all my emulators with every game. I have no idea what could of happened to make the sounds skip, any help would be great (its finally getting annoying to me lol). THanx for any help.

like what agozer said, check background/rogue processes... including spyware/adwares. run adaware/spybot s&d (as well as others) to make sure.

reinstall all your emu's.

reinstall/update your driver(s).

if you've made recent changes to your system, give system restore a go and see if that helps.

swap card with another computer.

put card in another pci slot (actually fixed a curiously annoying nic problem in my gentoo box, ymmv).

um... error-checking and defrag? file signature verification utility? dunno but doesn't hurt to try.

maybe your psu has cancer? okay, i'm out of ideas.

if all else fails, reformat/reinstall. i know it's a pain but... if you make a disk image of a fresh xp install, makes reinstall much easier. i have a habit of reinstalling every 2-3 months so...

just a few ideas you could try. good luck~

Hmm....

A possibility is that either your sound card drivers ain't compatible with Direct Sound. To verify, load up the Direct-X diagnostics by typing "dxdiag" on the start -> run menu. Then check your sound card there, is if says that the "type" of sound card driver is NOT WMD or VXD, then it could be the problem, and get either a newer direct-x or sound card driver.