What do you think was the best year(s) of music?

Alpha

My favorite year of music would have to be from 1986. Basically I'm a big 80's and early 90's songs kind of person. The new songs today are getting really stupid. I think now anyone can become a Artist even if your voice sounds like a shredder making this sharp noise like mad (Christina Aguilera, no offence to the people who like her). If I can sing "Na, na, na, na" a hundred times, I guess I'll be your next Nick Carter or someone. :(

Personally I think this should be what era of music was the best because choosing just 1 year is a bit sketchy. So my favorite era would be 91-96. Nirvana, Weezer, and Rage Against the Machince were created during that time. Not to mention a whole bunch of other not-as-famous-even-though-they-deserve-to-be bands.

But I can definitely say what year music went to crap. That would 1998. The era of boy bands and new-age pop culture flockheads.

Even though I was born in 1978, I've always liked the 70s disco music.

When it comes to love songs though, I love the 50s.

I'm not a fan of the stuff you hear now a days either. It's all about sex and gangs. I don't want to sound old but, what are kids thinking about now a days???

Even though I was born in 1978, I've always liked the 70s disco music. 

When it comes to love songs though, I love the 50s. 

I'm not a fan of the stuff you hear now a days either.  It's all about sex and gangs. I don't want to sound old but, what are kids thinking about now a days???

I was born in 1984 and most people my age love this new crap. I don't know what these kids are thinking. That's why a majority of them are so stupid and conformist.

Also, late 60s-mid 70s owned! 80s is alright, very embarassing though :(

For me, 1980s when XJAPAN was still around...that was the best music years..

Even the 90s until 1997 when they broke up..

I like Christina gamecop...don't hassle her... :(

I also like Simon and Garfunkle...that was the 60s...wow....

for hip hop, the best year by far is 1994. too many good albums came out. as far as eras go, probably from 86 all the way up to 96 or 97. by 1998 the industry was already flooded with materialistic blingbling hip hop. dont get me wrong, there are plenty of artists today, independent and major label alike, who keep things true to hip hop's roots. however, these artists dont get much exposure.