what controller/joystick are you using?

arjay

im thinking of buying an x-arcade soon.. so merchant are you saying an x-arcade is no good?

tell me exactly what you want the joystick for and i'll tell you what i think about it

ie: fighting games??? which ones and other things you want to use it for

yeah fighting games..like kof and stuff

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a Sidewinder, PS1, N64 pads on my PC, as well as a Logitech Wingman Attack flight stick.

As for that X-Arcade controller? It's a joke in design AND price. I could build 8 of my own setups like that with real arcade parts for half the price they charge for 1 of those pieces of sh*t.  :D

yeah, i wanted to do the same but i couldn´t find the prts i needed, but i agree that building it for yourself is the best idea, i was also thinking, if you make it to play on your desktop, what´s the best way to make it have an excellent grip?

I want to build my own arcade panel but I don't have any room in my room or on my desk so it sucks.

Yeah, id love to build my own arcade cabinate too, its not that i dont have the room, i just don't know where to start or what i'd need, i main, i know i'd have my other pc inside of it, with that arcade font end that boots up as soon as you turn it on and gives you a list of games to play and then when you pick the game it loads the emulater you set for that game, but i don't know how i'd go about building the joysticks, or where i'd get all the parts from or what type of screen to use and all stuff like that.

Controller I use for roms and such: Gravis Gamepad Pro or some crap like that. Looks sort of like a PSX controller, though the D-pad is not as smooth as I'd like, but overall it gets the job down.

Controllers for PS2: Regular PS2 controller for most games. For fighting games, I use the SCII Hori stick, which I think is an all-around arcade stick for fighting games in general.

I want to build my own arcade panel but I don't have any room in my room or on my desk so it sucks.

Yeah, id love to build my own arcade cabinate too, its not that i dont have the room, i just don't know where to start or what i'd need, i main, i know i'd have my other pc inside of it, with that arcade font end that boots up as soon as you turn it on and gives you a list of games to play and then when you pick the game it loads the emulater you set for that game, but i don't know how i'd go about building the joysticks, or where i'd get all the parts from or what type of screen to use and all stuff like that.

Try this site, it has a link to a store where you can buy all the basic parts.

http://www.arcadecontrols.com/arcade.htm