Recent Neo-Geo fighting games

Well, currently, I use ONLY Neorage for my Neo-Geo roms because my laptop is pretty slow (But has a S-Video out to TV so I can play on the TV), anyway, I've noticed that in recent SNK fighting games (KOF 2000 to 2002, SVC Plus) that it seems the process of doing Half-Circle motions have been changed, you need to press forward, then down, then back in order to it to work. If my directional configuration is defined in W,S,A,D, pressing D, then S and then A in sequence it doesn't work. Is there any kind of patch in these games that allows the old style of execution for half-circle motions?

Hey strider if you want a patch for 2k2 that makes keyboard easier...go to http://www.snkx.com

Find it on the left panel under "hacks and files" or something like that. OR...

You can use my patented technique to do half circle back. Its takes some practice but its very simple. You have to press an extra forward then down before doing the half circle back input. For example...instead of pressing D,S,A...press D,S,D,S,A.

Its vice versa if you want to do half circle forward.

Edited by NeoMaster

i still make the circle moves as alsways, playing on a keyboard is a pain in the @ss though why don´t you buy a joypad, they are very cheap and you can connect them to a usb port or a joystick port that comes in the audio card

@Alexis

I've got a joypad but I usually play against my brother. Since he is one of those people who can't stand practicing using the keyboard, I let him use the controller. Its not a big deal for me, the only problem i have using the keyboard is linking huge combos together. I always win anyways too :(

@Alexis

I've got a joypad but I usually play against my brother. Since he is one of those people who can't stand practicing using the keyboard, I let him use the controller. Its not a big deal for me, the only problem i have using the keyboard is linking huge combos together. I always win anyways too  :(

You'll just have to learn how to slide the input quickly. B)

Edited by Agozer

OK, thanks for the site for the fixes....

Anyway, I prefer to use the keyboard because it is a whole lot more precise, unlike joysticks or joypads in which you can "overturn" and miss certain moves. All my fighting games run fine until I try to use KOF2000 and above. I've never had any half circle motion problems until to those roms...... =/

I can even do Zangief's 270 on keyboard, although 360's or 720's are a whole different problem..... ^^

Has anyone tried (and would it be possible) mapping the keypad to do fighting moves : so that if the keypad looks like this

123... a half circle towards you would be 2-3-6? Okay, so it would be kind

of annoying but you would at least be sure you were making the right move (and it might make complicated movements easier by comparison).

The only question is if you CAN map it so that pressing (3) would be like pressing down and towards at once.

• 2 weeks later...

You wouldn't need to set it up so that a key was down-towards.

I used to use a keyboard for all fighting games for quite a while and the only move that gave me any trouble was a reverse dragon punch (I was so p*ssed that I couldn't play as Fei-Long).

I used the cursor keys and was initially very surprised to find that I only needed to press down then forward to do fireballs (quarter-circles) or back, down, forward for yoga flames (half-circles). It was pretty easy to do even the most complex supers (are you listening Geese?!)

That was in MAME though I don't know if it's set up differently.

ive learned to do all that stuff on a keyboard. theres no move i cant do wit it but id rather use a controller. btw any1 know an arcade controller 4 pc?

You can try the best arcade joystick for computer. its the X-Arcade stick. You can also get adaptors to plug it in your gc/ps2/xbox.