Kawa-Hex ROM names and sizes.

DugFreez

I just downloaded the new Kawa-Hex xbes off of alt.binaries.emulators.neogeo newsgroup.......thanks for posting Prican25. Great work Mr.X! I like the 2 xbe idea, it seemed Kawa-X was getting a little crowded. The S1 fix in ROTD was much needed.

After reading the read me file, and editing my dat to rename a few things, I was up and running with my rom sets. The only roms that are in my sets that don't match what you have in the read me file is the rom sizes for the c5, and c6 roms in Metal Slug 4. The roms still load, and the game plays fine. I was just wondering if the 4 Mb size on ms4n_c5.rom and ms4n_c6.rom is correct. I have only seen these roms in an 8 Mb size. All the dat files I look at also have these 2 always listed as 8 Mb roms.

I was also wondering if some one could tell me the difference between decrypted, and predecrypted, and how that effects rom naming. If the rom is decrypted I'm guessing it has the d in the rom name somewhere. I also have some nebula roms sets that have decrypted c roms......does Kawa-Hex decrypt these automaticly?

Alot of questions I know, but I'm a curious fella. Anyway, GREAT work Mr.X! Thanks for the xbes :(

i too had wondered about the c5 and c6 roms being 4mb instead of 8mb but they come from either mslug4n or mslug4nd

but as you said, the 8mb ones do work just fine, this also applys to some of you that had bigger m1d's for mslug4 and rotd

Use the decrypted romset :

mslug4n.zip (Metal Slug 4 predecrypted : decrypted C & V) :

263-p1.bin -> 1 Mb

263-p2.bin -> 4 Mb

263-s1.bin -> 128 Kb

263-m1d.bin -> 64 Kb

263-v1d.bin -> 4 Mb

263-v2d.bin -> 4 Mb

263-v3d.bin -> 4 Mb

263-v4d.bin -> 4 Mb

ms4n_c1.rom -> 8 Mb

ms4n_c2.rom -> 8 Mb

ms4n_c3.rom -> 8 Mb

ms4n_c4.rom -> 8 Mb

ms4n_c5.rom -> 4 Mb

ms4n_c6.rom -> 4 Mb

renaming some of the roms, like my mslug5 was all 268_xx.rom also had to change cthd2k3's 5003-m1.bin to 262-m1d and the last one was for kof99nd which all the c roms were kof99n_c and your readme says kof99_c also name changes on p1/p2 and s1

renaming some of the roms, like my mslug5 was all 268_xx.rom also had to change cthd2k3's 5003-m1.bin to 262-m1d and the last one was for kof99nd which all the c roms were kof99n_c and your readme says kof99_c also name changes on p1/p2 and s1

Ok, I explain :

About mslug5nd -> I've used my Winkawaks.dat file :

mslug5nd.zip (Metal Slug 5 fully decrypted) :

268-p1n.bin -> 6 Mb (use P1 for Winkawaks & Nebula)

ms5n_s1.rom -> 128 Kb

268-m1d.bin -> 128 Kb

ms5n_c1.rom -> 8 Mb

ms5n_c2.rom -> 8 Mb

ms5n_c3.rom -> 8 Mb

ms5n_c4.rom -> 8 Mb

ms5n_c5.rom -> 8 Mb

ms5n_c6.rom -> 8 Mb

ms5n_c7.rom -> 8 Mb

ms5n_c8.rom -> 8 Mb

268-v1d.bin -> 4 Mb

268-v2d.bin -> 4 Mb

268-v3d.bin -> 4 Mb

268-v4d.bin -> 4 Mb

About kof99nd -> due to the fact it 's put instead of kof2k1nd.

About cthd2k3 & kof2k1n -> they use the same V & M roms names in the default.xbe because they're put instead of kof99p & kof99nd.

Any chance anyone who has the 2 Kawa-Hex xbe's could email them to me @ jessebork@twmi.rr.com?

I did a search here and on suprnova, just in case, and couldn't find anything; my ISP doesn't appear to carry alt.binaries.emulation.neogeo.

Thanks in advance if you do, and if you can't, a good DL link would suffice as well. :D

Yeah me too, i'd really like the 2 xbes, my e-mail is zero123456@eircom.net.

Oh and btw, do i only need these two emus?, or do i need kawa-x11 too?, cos i wouldn't be using any of the prototype games, and thats all thats removed right??.

Oh and btw, do i only need these two emus?, or do i need kawa-x11 too?, cos i wouldn't be using any of the prototype games, and thats all thats removed right??.

The first of the 2 new xbes takes the place of the original Kawa-X.11. It is meant to support 372 games. Including cthd2k3 and mslug5nd, which have taken the place of 2 prototype games.

The second of the new xbes supports the additional 7 newer games.