Gamespot complete or IGN Insider

Which is better?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm thinking about subscribing to one of these sites and I want to know which one you guys think is better. It would be mainly for the game footage, trailers, exclusive stuff, developer interviews and access to thier downloads etc. They both work out as good value but I'd appreciate some input.

At the moment I'm slightly edging towards Gamespot because when you get "complete" they have no ads, whereas IGN still has adverts when you get Insider. IGN also has some questionable review content and scores.

Cheers guys.

Simple answer: Ask someone you know that subscribes to any of their services and ask if you can borrow theirs. Its what I did. I still enjoy IGN if it still has the adverts, its less annoying then with the insider.

Edited by K`dash

I've got a gamespot. They update a lot, and I love downloading movies from them. IGN has a less content, their site is less organized, take a look at their screenshots, they usually don't even thumbnail, they just write "funny caption" and link you to a shot you don't even know if you've already seen. Gamespot rocks, they've got VIDEO REVIEWS that rock too, When you sign up for a gamespot pass, you simply download all the zips of movies you want directly from their FTP, not from that stupid program with spyware on it, so I love it. I've never had an IGN pass, but I think IGN has exclusive reviews/interviews. Gamespot has exclusive videos. If you really want to see those videos, then definetly sign up for it. Trust me, there's a LOT of footage too.

Well free sites are the best. If anything is news worthy or close to decent, you'll hear about it there and all the media will go to other sites. No reason to pay for crap that you'll get if you wait like a day. But then again, I don't spend much time reading and watching videos of games that I'll never play. There's more to life than a bunch of video games. Not much more, but it's something. :)

Thanks for the responses guys. You have been a help.

After using my friends Gamespot complete account I've decided to go for Gamespot.

And I agree with you GryphonKlaw that free sites are great. The main reason I'm going for Gamespot is the absolutely HUGE amount of video content they have on there, gameplay, trailers, developer interviews and exclusive stuff too. Free sites just don't have the money and bandwidth to hold that amount of data. Anyway Gamespot only works out at around £14 for a years subscription so it's no big deal if I lose interest in it.