[1/12/04] Final Fantasy VII

Game name: Final Fantasy VII

System: Playstation

Emulators: ePSXe, Bleem, Connectix

Genre: RPG

Company: Squaresoft

Final Fantasy VII was the first game on the series made for PSX, the game was supposed to be revolutionary and so it was. You start playing as Cloud, a mercenary working for a rebel group, and through you quest in addition to the people that start on your party, more characters wll join you, if you do certain things. The game is turn based and its battle system doesn´t differ from other console RPGs except for the fact that when it comes to magic you don´t learn them in a traditional way but instead you do it through matter which are stones that you can engage in your equipment, this matter have different attributes like fire, ice, earth, etc. and as you gain experience and have them equipped you will de enable to cast magic with them, but since you are equipping them you won´t be able to have all of them at once as you have a certain number of free slots according to what equipment you are using. in addition you are able to summon different helpers that depend on the matter stones you are using, like the Efrit which is enabled by using the fire matter. The grapchics are a combination of 2d (world exploring) and 3d (battle). The game has lots of sidequests, minigames and secrets that are not needed to finish the game but will provide you with new items, weapons or even matter and with some secret chars besides they generate a great addiction to the player. Controls are cool in the user interfase is the typical of the Final Fantasy Series, the chars look like some sort of Anime SD chars while Exploring and are more realistic in battle mode. The story is also cool and talks about....... hmmmmmph you have to find about it :D. The game is rather old but it is still a very good game to play and i highly recommend it to all of you, the fans of RPGs, the 3 Cds containing the game won´t dissapoint you at all.

Rate:

Speed:n/a

Gameplay: 10

Grahpics: 10

Sound: 9

Controls: 10

Fun: 10

Difficulty: Medium

Overall Score: 9.8

Rate: A

Edited by GameCop

Matter->Materia

The battle system really isn't turn based....the ATB( active time bar ) was

created to avoid the turn based battles...

Matter->Materia

The battle system really isn't turn based....the ATB( active time bar ) was

created to avoid the turn based battles...

heh, sorry, i played it on spanish errrrrrr so i dunno why but i thought it was matter =P

and the system is really turn based since oyu can´t say batles are in real time

ine other thing i forgot to mention about nattle system are limits, every time you receive damage your limit bar will increase, when it is full you will make a lmit attack which are really strong attacks, as you get more experience you will learn more limits for your chars

• 2 weeks later...
Just a small correction, you gain new powerful limit breaks by getting a certain amount of kills for each person. Exp. is just for leveling up there stats.

Correction: You also get new Limit Breaks when you use a certain Limit a set number of times.

• 7 months later...