just a little suggestion to KawaX SE

sanni

You all know Surreal64, right?

You may ask what this have to do with our loved KawaX SE?

Let me tell you what my thought was(and maybe the thought of many others :lol: ):

Surreal uses 4 *.xbe's, one for 1964, one for ultraxle, one for project64 and finally one for the front end. You start the front end xbe, see your list of games and after selecting one you have the choise of the 3 emu xbe's.

Why not make KawaX SE like that? As the most of you know KawaX SE will need more then 1 xbe for running all the games. Why not greate a surreal like front end for the different KawaX SE xbe's?

In my opinion this would be very nice.

Like I said, it's just a well meaned suggestion and please excuse me for my bad english, I'm german and not the best in this school subject. :rolleyes:

Edited by sanni

that would be nice if the kawa-x was open source but its not so no one but the author can change that. as for 3 emus in 1 idea its not really needed since neogeo emulation is done well as is in mame, kawaks and fba though i'll love to see nebula go to the xbox next (nebula-x has a nice ring to it :rolleyes: )

I don't remember what emulator it was on the box that I recall being able to run it with an argument after the xbe name to get it to load up that game straight, and I may just have been dreaming, but without the ability to run with arguments, you're SOL on that front; you might as well just set them all up in yoru menu and choose them that way; the only thing your other idea is doing is creating a list, really.

as for 3 emus in 1 idea its not really needed since neogeo emulation is done well as is in mame, kawaks and fba though i'll love to see nebula go to the xbox next

No, I thought of an Menu like XMenu that lists up all your Roms in your KawaXSE/Roms folder. Then you select a game from the list and the menu says something like "use xbe #2" and launches the game with that xbe. Similar to the star in Surreal.

But as SenatorIvy said there had to be an ability to run with arguments in KawaX.

Sorry, I havent thought of that. :D

Yeah but why would you have to have the source for kawa-x ??, shouldn't you only need to write a menu front that can read the rom directorys and show the games thats in the directory, and then have it so when you select your game it launchs the right xbe?, just like one of them xbox game menu selecters does thats out??.